PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2020
Portland, OR
Very limited in my exposure so far, but I’d have to say GL Pease followed by Mac Baren because I love Vintage Syrian.
I haven’t tried anything by GLP that I haven’t loved.

I’m really into SG also, but haven’t been able to get my hands on all the blends I want to try. I just cracked a Balkan blend from 2010 that I recently acquired and wish I had more tins.

I have managed to amass a small stash of McClelland blends and expect that I will love them. but I haven’t brought myself to open any because you can’t have your cake and eat it too, or so I’ve heard.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
Gl Pease by far. I've smoked probably about 1/2 of this blends so far. Even though I don't care for most of them I truly enjoy the ones I do. Fillmore, Stonehenge, Stratford, Union Square, JKP.

C&D is a second choice for Sunset Harbor Flake and CRF

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Hmmmmm.... ? as a pure Virginia guy, I’d say my favorites brands are C&D, MacBaren, McClelland, Sutliff, and watch city cigars, and love Dunhill/Peterson flake too.
No Samuel Gawith? As a guy who typically doesn't like straight Virginia, their GG , BBF/Kendal Plug and FVF are the triforce for me. I smoke a few others, but these are constants in my life.

--dante--

Lifer
Jun 11, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Nearly all of my primary rotation blends are C&D, so that'd be my definite one. I have availability issues with some of my other favorites like SG and GH, so they'd be out. I'll go with Dan Tobacco, only to ensure my supply of Salty Dogs.

Reactions: JOHN72

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
I'm all over the place. I'll generally smoke a couple of dozen blends over the course of a month or so. But, if I was forced to name my favorite houses, I'd have to go with C and D and GH and Co (with a nod as well to Sam Gawith and K and K-Love my Rattray's).

For boutique blenders, Ernie Q at Watch City is where it's at! I also like a lot of what Ken Byron blends, but I've never had a Watch City blend I didn't like.

Kingsley

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2020
PA
Rattray’s and G.L.P’s stuff has been treating me pretty well this last year, though, the Esoterica’s have been divine when I can get them.

Reactions: JOHN72

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
No Samuel Gawith? As a guy who typically doesn't like straight Virginia, their GG , BBF/Kendal Plug and FVF are the triforce for me. I smoke a few others, but these are constants in my life.
Nah..... for my palate, SG FVF is ok. No doubt it’s a quality tobacco, but for the scarcity, I like others way better. Good stuff though

Reactions: pantsBoots

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
One of Harris’s favorite brands is STD
Are you trying to say that Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are my favorite STD brands? I will have you know that crabs is the only STD I ever got and that was when an epidemic hit Boston University in the late 70's. If I were smart I would have bought stock in Kwell shampoo back then as it was insane. Kwell was the only thing that worked fast and was effective.

• Love
Reactions: sablebrush52

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Nah..... for my palate, SG FVF is ok. No doubt it’s a quality tobacco, but for the scarcity, I like others way better. Good stuff though
Re-read your list and although it took me a while to come around to it, Sutliff's 511 RC C3PO or whatever it's called is mighty fine. No denying McClelland, either. I've gotten to try a few and they truly were masters of Virginias

Reactions: sablebrush52

Prunetucky84

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 17, 2020
Clovis, CA
Re-read your list and although it took me a while to come around to it, Sutliff's 511 RC C3PO or whatever it's called is mighty fine. No denying McClelland, either. I've gotten to try a few and they truly were masters of Virginias
Are you talking about Sutliff 515rc-1? I love that stuff, especially after a year in the jar.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Are you trying to say that Syphilis, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea are my favorite STD brands? I will have you know that crabs is the only STD I ever got and that was when an epidemic hit Boston University in the late 70's. If I were smart I would have bought stock in Kwell shampoo back then as it was insane. Kwell was the only thing that worked fast and was effective.
? look at your list again. I think you meant STG

Status
Not open for further replies.