PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alancairns

Might Stick Around
Oct 22, 2012
The Pearly-vented Tody Flycatcher for sure!
Alan
(Failing that, I'll take a Toco Toucan).

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Always seem to be able to spot Hawks in the trees while driving. I guess they are my animal I'm supposed to be connected with in this life.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Was Larry Bird ever that young in the history of the universe, or is that a photoshop job? He had to

have been young once. But had they invented photography?

guhrillastile

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2013
Black capped chickadee...
Aka cheeseburger birds. Cool little dudes. Do a YouTube search for the call. Very distinct and humorous.
Out in northern NV during calving season the bald eagles are all over. Fun to watch and a treat to see. Hmmm. Wouldnt describe myself as a bird watcher, but come to think of it. I do enjoy them. I have travelled around quite a bit and its one of the things you notice. The local birds get ignored.
Redwing blackbirds in the Thermalands. Eagles in NV, Pelicans and Sand pipers on the coast. The crafty assorted respective inner city sparrows and commons in most major cities. They all have such habits and purposeful behaviors I guess I WOULD consider myself a bird watcher. Hmm. Good thread.

boudreaux

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2013
Tough to pick one. For color, painted bunting, but have never actually seen one (not native to area). Baltimore Oriole is another, and have seen two of them. Also spotted a beautiful bluebird on the lawn down in East Texas.
For personality, the blue jays in my back yard. They fly down in the mornings and perch on the stacked pile of wood, allowing them to catch sight of us at the breakfast table. Then they start their characteristic chortle until we toss out bread or saved pieces of pizza crusts for them.

rmason

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 27, 2013
To eat, grouse, to watch none. I have a very irrational fear of birds and can't stand to be around the flying ones (yes I know pathetic).

~Ron

pchitti

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 26, 2013
Central Texas
I have had the joy of seeing bald eagles many times. We have a pair that roost near Lake Waco and I see them usually at least once a year. Once at my Grandmas in Omaha, NE I watched one land on her fence in the back yard. To date that is my favorite memories.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
There are so many to choose, but for some reason, I really like a nuthatch. We see them here in VT and I always associate them with the woods and mountains.
whitebreatednuthatch.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.