PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

clyde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 19, 2012
As long as we're dreaming I'd like another Lou's I had made for me in 1968. After a mere 30 years of hard use and abuse it finally burned through. Lou's hand made pipes were a house offering of Lou's Tobacco Bar Ltd. and were made in London. Actual maker was a house secret of course. :crying:

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
I have two dream pipes: one by Bo Nordh and one by Sixten Ivarsson. Both are very expensive but I will have one of each someday.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
This GBD Unique that went out on eBay sometime back:
GBDUNIQ.png

johnny

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
Mine is a birth year (1980) Peterson system pipe. I saw a Peterson supreme a while back that I wanted but the $300 price tag is way out of my range.

dpkrause

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 3, 2012
I love the classics, especially when they pay attention to the little details. I love the grain and the large bite on this one. It is just screaming out to me to hold it.

The Radice Classic Clear Bent

002-030-1740.jpg

002-030-1740_2.jpg

Who knows, with all the overtime I have been picking up I just may go for it here soon.

irishflake

Might Stick Around
Jun 30, 2012
Michigan
Wow, that Unique is a beauty! I missed that one, $200 or so?
Hi Al- It went for like $160, yes it is a beauty, wish I'd had the money that month- but it was unsmoked- how could I bring myself to smoke it!

All for the best I reckon!

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
An unsmoked Unique for under $200 is a pretty good deal. At Richmond, smooth finish Uniques were in the $300-$400 range. Did Hory James carve all Uniques?

phred

Lifer
Dec 11, 2012
Got to thinking about this last night as I was swapping out pipes in my pipe bag for this afternoon's excursion. Since I'm still fairly new to all of this, most of the pipes I want are affordable enough that I can just pick them up as I save up my allowance - I've gone over the $100 mark once so far, as my tastes are relatively simple.
Now, though, I'm starting to put together a "Someday" list - starting with a full-bent Kirsten (still one of the most Steampunk pipes I've seen), then maybe a birth year Dunhill (I actually have an e-bay alert set up for one of those, but it hasn't pinged in a year. And a Ser Jacopo Hawkbill - those are bloody gorgeous, but well out of my current price range.
Someday, though...

smokeytay33

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2013
Gee, it's hard to pick just one. I am having a hard time deciding between the Savinelli Tortuga Rustic 207 and the 705 KS. Next would be a Disney lovat or canadian.
Savinelli_Tortuga_Rustic_KS_Briar_Pipe_705_P193Z_K_Left_Side_WM__22078.1363271731.1280.1280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.