PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Vote is open until the 20th, but I think it's pretty clear.
Monkfish how did you add the spade, that's crazy, looks like you changed the shape a bit on the bowl also, maybe I'm just seeing things. I like it

theloniousmonkfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2017
Thanks, Uper. I have some spades from the factory here compliments of Joe. Drilled a hole just larger than it, drop it in and center, superglue and charcoal to fill in the gaps and flush it out/sand/polish. The shape hasn't changed but the mortise was opened up.

uperepik

(Oldtown)
Mar 8, 2017
Alright guys, first of all I want to say this was a fun little contest. Thanks to everyone that participated. The undisputed champion of the "What's Under That Grabow" contest is Joeman The Magician.
Congratulations and job well done Joeman. If you'll pm me your mailing info I will contact Grabow for the collectors pipe which is well deserved.
Hopefully we will do this again in the future with other pipes that are a bit easier and cheaper to find, that way anyone can participate.

joeman

Can't Leave
Mar 6, 2016
South Carolina
Received the 'prize' for this refurb contest from the Grabow factory. This pipe is fantastic in every way. Straight & flames on one side, birds on the other...brass extension...perfectly drilled...and just a looker. No doubt as to how she'll smoke either!!
2nqay37.jpg

2ef2szq.jpg

348jdps.jpg

Thanks again for this community event, and thanks to the Grabow factory for graciously providing this pipe!

Status
Not open for further replies.