What's the shortest smoke you allow yourself?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
My shortest smoke is a MM Legend, which is around 30-35 minutes. I have a 35 minute commute to work, so this just so happens to work out great.

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
"group 3 bowel" --
CCW, next time you change the Muzak check the cleaning fluid. I think Neal's been it again.... :twisted:
I'm pretty much with Tom. I'll shoot for 15 minutes at least, but what I don't get at first I'll finish later on.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
I reserve group 3 bowel for the weekends. That the only opportunity for large, full loads.

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I have a few small pipes for work that give me 15-30 minute bowls. Otherwise I like at least 45 plus minute smokes at home

cajomu

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 15, 2018
When I was addicted to tobacco and working, I would often smoke a small bowl in 15-20 minutes. It wasn't all that enjoyable, but it controlled the cravings. When I retired, I stopped smoking long enough to end the physical addiction. Now, I smoke no more than twice a week.
In order to get maximum enjoyment when I do allow myself a bowl, I wait until everybody else in the house has turned in before lighting up. That way, I can smoke for as long as I like and not feel like I'm ignoring someone or something. I've also found that, when one smokes only occasionally, the tobacco tastes a lot better.

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
Most days, I only smoke in the evenings, in my command center, er, computer room. Those are 30-90 minute smokes.
When out and about, I sometimes stuff a MM Mark Twain, tamper, lighter, cleaner and codger blend into the plaid baccy pouch. That's a 15-20 minute lifeline, if needed it.
If it's a "destination" outing, where I know there's a good coffee/beer waiting and ample hang out time, I'll fill the travel bag with my normal goodies.
That's a long way to answer you question. A 15 minute smoke is sometimes allowed.
jay-roger.jpg

timt

Lifer
Jul 19, 2018
Most days, I only smoke in the evenings, in my command center, er, computer room. Those are 30-90 minute smokes.

Jay, the long morning smokes are what I really like but they're going to have to be less common. They tend to set the tone for the day. Slow and lazy. I'm not the type to smoke while doing other things - maybe walk the dog, but usually not.
cajomu, I'm the same way there too. Can't ignore the family - or dog.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
Sometimes I light a pipe immediately after getting up in the morning, take a half dozen puffs, and my wife calls me for breakfast. On an empty stomach, with a medium strong tobacco, I can definitely feel the the 30 second shot.

luigi

Can't Leave
May 16, 2017
Europe
I allow myself even only a few puffs sometimes, but usually my short smokes last about 10 minutes. When craving for a dose of nicotine a mini bowl of some serious tobacco with constant retrohaling gets the job done rather quickly.

nitemair13

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2018
North Carolina
I try and set aside time after dinner to smoke and depending on the pipe and the blend I may be outside 30 minutes or until it turns dark. Like right now I have some flake in my Nording which will last a long while. I'm not hunting a nicotine fix or anything, I smoke my pipe to slow down and relax.

64alex

Part of the Furniture Now
May 10, 2016
For me I set up 45-60 min after dinner on Fridays or Saturday to smoke a whole bowl in a session. It's just a time to relax and meditate and I feel I need that time uninterrupted.

charf

Jul 10, 2018
New Zealand
We should be asking ourselves, what is wrong in the world today that we can’t find the time to smoke a full bowl. How did they manage it back in the day? With work and other commitments I find I can only squeeze in 2 bowls a week and they are usually on the weekend. I would find it difficult to have a quick puff here and there because my preference is to sit down and enjoy the whole bowl or not at all.

5star

Nov 17, 2017
PacNW USA
I prefer a minimum of a 30 minute smoke, but often it doesn’t work out that way. There have been times when I lit up a bowl, took a puff or two, and got interrupted by something that required my immediate full attention. In those situations, I come back to the bowl later. The success of that depends on the particular blend.

Status
Not open for further replies.