PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2013
I can agree that perhaps certain shapes offer a more masculine shape than others. The Xl90 Peterson for example is quite masculine, in my opinion. Or as Chasingembers above said... freehands. A big freehand (smooth or rusticated) with a platea top has a masculine look to it. I don't see most bings or long shanked pipes as being very masculine. But that being said. In many cases it's the man smoking that pipe that makes it look masculine or not. Not the pipe itself. Put a pink little long shanked pipe with flowers painted on it in Chuck Norris's jaw.... he's gonna make that pipe look deadly. Just sayin.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Oh, FFS. This stuff again?
Considering that "manly" is a socially constructed adjective, the manliest shape is whatever pipe shape a person who happens to be a man is smoking.
BINGO! Cosmic nails it.

cossackjack

Lifer
Oct 31, 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
The Cossack pipe, of course (unfortunately misnamed Oom Paul or Hungarian shape):
xhK56vY.png

Maybe the pipe does not speak manliness, but the mustache certainly does! (Never seen a woman with one like this)

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Briarfanatic, at first I thought your post was referencing the .gif in your signature, and I was delighted. The link you posted was still good too though. ;)

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@briarfanatic
I was never a big fan of The Village People, but I LOVE the cat with the top hat and pipe. Very Cool !!
I don't know about manliest, but I really like my straight bulldog. Stamped Mayfair over Custombilt. Top pic is next to my Kaywoodie Flame Grain medium billiard.
hpim3920-600x444.jpg

hpim4071-600x357.jpg

hpim4077-600x384.jpg

hpim4075-600x387.jpg

hpim4072-600x266.jpg

hpim4069-600x469.jpg

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@ dave g,
Are those real functioning smoking pipes?? Who makes them?
Those are amazing, I want one !! I can smoke two blends of tobacco without mixing... awesome !!
:clap: :puffy:

jeepnewbie

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 12, 2013
Byron
www.facebook.com
Briarfanatic that made my day.
I think any pipe I pipe up is manly, even my smallest pipe. If I had to pick one that brings the thought of manliness it would have to be the classic cob. When I'm doing yard work, chopping wood, or fishing I have a trusty cob. All those things can end badly for a pipe, plus a cob wouldn't be a major loss if something did happen.

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
I am pretty sure Todd Johnson made a pipe, on a dare, that was shaped like male genitalia. I didn't want to google it because I don't know what kind of images I would see.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
For the manliest shape, at least some consideration has to go to the Exceptional Jumbo Ball:
JumboBall3.JPG

http://www.boswellpipes.com/excjumboball.html

shawnofthedead

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2015
Bulldog's design is still too sophisticated, you want a big fat poker to show that you don't give a damn.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For basic, a pot comes close. For total macho, I guess cigars get the ribbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.