Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I have been looking around for an American cast iron waffle maker for a while. None of the American companies currently make one and the old grizzly models run $300-$500 on average depending on condition. Found this guy from TN apparently making them and it arrived yesterday. Waffles for breakfast this July 4 for it’s first go!

First use, product is excellent. Made some plain and blueberry.

IMG_2288.jpeg
IMG_2287.jpeg
IMG_2286.jpeg

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
This summer at the local farmer's market I discovered a new potato called Santina. I took them home boiled them for 10-12 minutes let them cool the fridge overnight. Grated them for hash browns the next morning thought I died and went to heaven. Order up a 100 lbs and been eating them since late September.

G

Gimlet

Cup of tea and a bowl of GH Coffee and Caramel in my Rattrays distillery.

G

Gimlet

Actually, don't eat breakfast. Or at least, not at breakfast time. I only eat between 10 am and 6 pm and don't eat any refined sugar, simple carbohydrates or processed food.

A favourite Sunday "breakfast" is to knock up a sofrito (onions, peppers, carrots, celery, tomatoes, finely diced and cooked down slowly in olive oil) add garlic, butter beans, smoked paprika, lots of black pepper, maybe some chorizo or some bacon, add half a pint of pasata. Cook out then crack a couple of eggs on top, sprinkle on some cheese, cover with a lid and cook gently for a few minutes for the eggs to poach and the cheese to melt, then another drizzle of olive oil, throw over some chopped chives and parsley and dive in.

Followed by a cup of creamy barista coffee and another bowl of tobacco, probably a bit of best Brown Flake or maybe some Petersons Elizabethan mixture.

G

Gimlet

Actually, don't eat breakfast. Or at least, not at breakfast time. I only eat between 10 am and 6 pm and don't eat any refined sugar, simple carbohydrates or processed food.

A favourite Sunday "breakfast" is to knock up a sofrito (onions, peppers, carrots, celery, tomatoes, finely diced and cooked down slowly in olive oil) add garlic, butter beans, smoked paprika, lots of black pepper, maybe some chorizo or some bacon, add half a pint of pasata. Cook out then crack a couple of eggs on top, sprinkle on some cheese, cover with a lid and cook gently for a few minutes for the eggs to poach and the cheese to melt, then another drizzle of olive oil, throw over some chopped chives and parsley and dive in.

Followed by a cup of creamy barista coffee and another bowl of tobacco, probably a bit of best Brown Flake or maybe some Petersons Elizabethan mixture.
DSC_0666.JPG