PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I love breakfast foods. I enjoy bagels, fritters, doughnuts, biscuits, cream cheese, sausage and sausage gravy, bacon, grits, cornbread, pancakes, French toast, toast with cinnamon, or peanut butter, or jam, or preserves, muffins, cinnamon rolls, turnovers, oatmeal and coffee.
I have recently solved an issue with biscuits and gravy. I haven't been very mobile lately and try anyway, not to eat at fast food or even regular restaurants, I've been craving the B&G and found out that Great Value canned sausage gravy and Mr's. B's frozen biscuits work just fine! I use my toaster oven and a piece of tinfoil to cook the biscuits. I usually flip the biscuits with about 10 min. cooking time remaining.
I always cheat on gravity biscuits (goes down real fast, seriously). McDonald's with extra gravy. My father owned a southern style breakfast joint forever. But I never learned how to make biscuits from him. But my son's both make them from scratch, gravy and biscuits. They are fairly good. Not my father's, but new twist to them.

El Capitán

Lifer
Jun 5, 2022
Newberry, Indiana
This morning after my morning farm chores I had 3 eggs over easy, 5 straps of crispy bacon with a little char, homemade hashbrowns, two pieces of whole wheat toast, and a nice glass of iced tea. My usual breakfast. Luckily with my mental health and being unable to live alone, my mom makes this usually every morning. Done by the time my chores are done.

Sparcdude

Lurker
Feb 9, 2023
New Hampshire
When I was younger, it was bachelor's breakfast: cold pizza and warm beer - I defy you to tell me I'm wrong!

But I never was a breakfast eater, except in the Army. No snacking, you know. Still don't eat breakfast now. Coffee and a pipe gets me going.

Now late at night...bring on the 10 course meal!

JOHN72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2020
Spain - Europe
A good coffee, blacker and thicker than a barrel of crude oil, with buttered toast and peach, apricot or blueberry jam. You are somewhat right Paul, in Spain people who work in offices, eat small things for breakfast, but you have to visit the typical bars of farmers, truckers and other hard working beasts, they eat a roasted bull, with horns, testicles, and tail included.

HawkeyeLinus

Lifer
Oct 16, 2020
Iowa
When I was younger, it was bachelor's breakfast: cold pizza and warm beer - I defy you to tell me I'm wrong!

But I never was a breakfast eater, except in the Army. No snacking, you know. Still don't eat breakfast now. Coffee and a pipe gets me going.

Now late at night...bring on the 10 course meal!
Go Mom!!!

Reactions: kcghost and Zero