PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
All quiet on the Eastern front. We can always hear little groups of young kids shouting and laughing and rattling their treat bags. But I heard nothing tonight. I'm so glad we didn't buy five or six or more bags of wrapped candies to languish in a basket until Valentines day, or dwindle in a cloud of guilty pleasure.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
They say it's been 76 years since we've had a moon like that, on Halloween. I believe it's a blue moon.

The Halloween blue moon, two full moons in a month, happens every 19 years. The 76 year one can be seen across all time zones in the U.S. It's also a micro moon. My youngest daughter is a Halloween baby and just turned 12. We sat out most of the night marveling at it.

shanez

Lifer
Jul 10, 2018
Las Vegas
Started the day by putting a new LED fixture in my bedroom closet.

In the afternoon we did a drive through "Trunk or Treat" which was kinda nice. It was a sponsored fund raiser for cancer research and you simply drive through an area lined with sponsored displays on either side and they hand you candy through your car window.

Then we ordered dinner to the house. After dinner my friend and I had drinks and pipes on the back patio while our wives enjoyed the hot tub and my daughter took a nap.

After that the ladies walked our daughter around the neighborhood while my friend and I continued enjoying our pipes.

When the girls came back we finished the night by watching an animated "Addams Family" movie which was hilarious and us adults enjoyed it as much as my daughter.

All in all it was a pretty dang good day.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My late wife and I and a friend did the most effective spook house trick-or-treat set-up. We just set up a scary atmosphere by the front door, got into scary costumes, and mostly stayed quiet. The kids would come in smart-assed, and by the time they took the candy, they ran screaming, and we did almost nothing. In their minds, they were ready to be terrified, and they were. My late wife was a Halloween person. And so is my wife now. Another year.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
We usually have 35-40 kids come by which isn't a lot. I didn't expect any this time but was surprised that 20 came by. We sit outside, with our masks on, and have candy for them is plastic ziploc bags. For the adults we have some hot mulled cider if they desire.

Reactions: python
Status
Not open for further replies.