What Would You Like to Still Own from Your Younger Years?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Flatfish

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 20, 2022
West Wales
My red Nissan Almera.
Was a write off when I bought it. Purchase and repairs came to £2k.
I did well over 100,000 miles in it and other than the normal consumables (tyres, light bulbs etc), it only needed one fuse replacing, and the control knob for the fan had to be changed (as far as I can remember).
Body work eventually started to fail and I had a growing family so I had to sell it. But great car.

Mine looked like this, but it wasn't the gti version.

1696575739970.png

Own, like "things?"... When you grow up you can just buy whatever the hell you want. Having had opportunities to recently drive some of the cars from the era from when I was young, no way in hell I am giving up my modern truck for those pieces of shit from the 70's.

My neighbor has been restoring a 66 Shelby for the last 9 years. He has dropped $90,000 into that piece of shit. He is younger than me, so it was not a car of his own youth. But, a few weeks ago, we watched as the body shop dropped it off. He was ecstatic. We could hear him revving that motor all weekend as he tooled about town. Then, every evening after we would hear him trying to fix the timing. I walked over to bust some balls, "so, you bought a car because you wanted to work on a car. You will be constantly working on that thing." Those kind of cars you don't just drive and park. You have to keep a toolbox open all the time.

Now, if we are talking about girls... I do miss college girls. Not necessarily the college girls of today, but the ones from my era in college, like they were back then.