What Would You Like to Still Own from Your Younger Years?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
If I listed all of the things I miss from my youth, like my 1963 Pontiac Catalina with a 421 with NASCAR heads, I'd sound like a disappointed old man.

I'm not.

But I would like to have my 1971 Honda CB350 that my wife and I bought when we were first married. It carried us all around as we explored Seattle after eloping 50 some years agoJoann,-Annie,-motorcycle.jpg.

H

HRPufnstuf

1978 Honda Civic hatchback. That car was my university gong show: buddies, bars, and buffalo wings.

And maybe my 1979 Honda CBA 400. Sold it two years ago.

1696635763478.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: JOHN72 and PaulRVA

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
Among other things, a 1968 Volkswagen Beetle with automatic stick-shift, and a 1968 two-door Rambler American with a three-speed (on the tree) transmission and a straight-six engine. Had I been prescient enough to keep both, they would be worth a good deal of money today.

Here are representative images of both:

68 Beetle.jpg

This is the four-door version, but aside from that identical to mine:

1968 Rambler.jpg

huntertrw

Lifer
Jul 23, 2014
The Lower Forty of Hill Country
My old Marantz Model 140 power-amplifier and accompanying Marantz Model 3200 pre-amplifier. I purchased both new from the hi-fi shop at which I worked, and later sold them (through that same shop) in order to purchase a new Nikko Model NA-890 integrated amplifier. The Nikko (which I still have) is good; the Marantz pair (in retrospect) were great. Guess I didn't know when I was well off!

Last edited:

FurCoat

Lifer
Sep 21, 2020
North Carolina
1960 356a Porsche.
You had an A? Daaaamn.
That settles it, I wish I had my '73 914.
I never got a chance to own a 356.
I do currently own a 1987.5 928S and a '86 911 Carrera. My father still has a '71 911T (original owner) and an '88 911 Carrera. My uncle had a 356B Coupe, but it was a Northern car and she saddly returned back to the earth.

Reactions: JOHN72

RookieGuy80

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 6, 2023
Maryland, United States
There's not much "stuff" I miss. Sure I had some heirlooms I lost that would have been nice to still have. Pictures and antique furniture and a few good guns (like a 16 gage Winchester Model 12 and a late 40s 4" S&W Model 10). But I can replace most of that if I had the serious desire to.

I think the biggest thing I miss from my youth is the big empty field at the end of my neighborhood. All the parents on weekends and summer days would kick us all out of our houses to go play. That field was our sportsball field (mostly Calvinball), hide and seek place, tag field, and general meeting place. I haven't yet found something so convenient and central for meeting up with peers. Nor the sense of freedom and independence we had in that field.