PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I'm pretty sure the Reactions Score only counts people giving your comments a "Like", so it would be inherently positive.
the point seems to be making sure someone is actually here conversing. Not just throwing out nonsense posts to up their numbers and then start off loading their faux whatever old tobacco is currently hot.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
There should be a thumbs down reaction choice that subtracts a point from the score. Things would get real fun around here then.
Yes! And there should a way to indicate that I for one don't prefer a particular "preferred" member, though I suppose that would add hominy, and we're supposed to not to do that around here.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Yes! And there should a way to indicate that I for one don't prefer a particular "preferred" member, though I suppose that would add hominy, and we're supposed to not to do that around here.
I hope you didn't think my comment was directed at you or your original post. It was just a joke regarding the forum in general...just imagining what would happen around here if we had that option.

And I for one love hominy, but unfortunately it's too high in carbs for my diet.

LikeDadDid

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2021
Virginia Beach
I hope you didn't think my comment was directed at you or your original post. It was just a joke regarding the forum in general...just imagining what would happen around here if we had that option.

And I for one love hominy, but unfortunately it's too high in carbs for my diet.
Relax brian64, I took no offense, and my comment was not aimed at you or anyone else. All is well!

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Relax brian64, I took no offense, and my comment was not aimed at you or anyone else. All is well!
Yeah, I figured that was probably the case, but wasn't certain from your wording. I often tend toward sarcasm and cynism and sometimes people take it personally, so wanted to clarify.

And for the record, I don't really think a thumbs down option would be a good idea...but it would be entertaining (for a little while at least).

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
How dare you give any briliiant utterance of mine a thumbs down? You must be a stupid dumbshit like me, or dumbshit stupid. If you do I'd rather remain in blissful ignorance.

What does a "like" mean, having begun in that piss-poor platform years ago that allows participation with no more than a keystroke? Stupid? You don't have to write anything. Busy? That's fine. Just takes a second and you've expressed yourself. Now your opinion counts.

I despise social media, pictures instead of content. "Tweeting"? Wasn't Trump a "tweeter?". 'Nuff said.

Reactions: Jaylotw

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
How dare you give any briliiant utterance of mine a thumbs down? You must be a stupid dumbshit like me, or dumbshit stupid. If you do I'd rather remain in blissful ignorance.
LOL ... Salt, your utterances are usually interesting and entertaining enough to warrant overlooking the parts worthy of a thumbs down.

Plus I for one make allowance for the suffering you endure being here in a constant state of severe nicotine deficiency.

Reactions: Jaylotw

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
Brian, you feel me!

Who knows? One of these days I may treat you to an account of the heaven of my inaugural bowl of Dark Flake, whereupon that heaven may force me to reevaluate my separation from the pipe enterprise. I may say I don't care if smoking shortens my life, I'm going down with a pipe in one fist and a scotch in the other!

No doctors or hospital, just drunken smoking!

• Love

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
You guys are a very accepting crowd. What if we were a bunch of pipe smoking Vikings? Do you think they'd gather with me in the Great Hall and grant me an abstention from either smoking or drinking? One would say, "Don't start that shit, Smith" and pour a mead down my throat.

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.