PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

coda

Lurker
Jan 25, 2015
Our current administration trying to "fundamentally change America" by removing any image of wholesome American living (picture Ozzy and Harriet), and the continuing femininzation of the American male
America has never been wholesome..
Big business is behind the changes. They want more money, and eliminated the competition...

lucky695

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 2, 2013
So if it's all due to vaping, are the vape users going to lose all their products too?

jacks6

Lifer
May 9, 2016
So if it's all due to vaping, are the vape users going to lose all their products too?
Most definitely. Although, I recently read that Phillip Morris is lobbying for changes so that it does not affect vape products as harshly. They are pretty heavily invested in vape right now.

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
I truly believe the ultimate goal is to ban the sale of all tobacco products. Just google banning tobacco and read some of the WHO reports.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I truly believe the ultimate goal is to ban the sale of all tobacco products. Just google banning tobacco and read some of the WHO reports.
That's the goal. But the PTB have figured out that outright Prohibition will not work, so it will be a program of continued education accompanied by death by a thousand cuts.
This particular effort was crafted to give Big Tobacco a virtual monopoly by setting costly obstacles to continuing blends initiated after 2007. This cutoff kills the vaping industry, which was cutting into BT's market for their crappy cigarettes. Pipes and pipe tobacco are collateral damage.
But even with this cutback, there will be many more blends available than were on the market when I started out in the 1970's.
The devil will be in the details. If pipe tobacco companies decided to close up shop despite having a number of 2007 and earlier blends in their inventory, the options will shrink.
We'll have to see what happens with the lawsuits.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Big Business? LOL ITS THE GOVERNMENT THAT THE BIG Business Lobby's! Get that progressive bullshit out of here, find somewhere else to to shovel the ideology. Frankly, this has become boring, :roll:

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
Frankly, this has become boring,
...says the individual who just can't stop responding. Typical denizen of the internet. Unplug once and a while. Crowley would.

tobaccojoe

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 30, 2016
USA
While it's true I've only been on here for a few months I must say that you appear to be the antagonist of the forum. It seems you enjoy your role and fit into it nicely. I will not try to persuade you otherwise, yet will hope to avoid you. Though you seem to revel in stirring the pot. Shameful. Revealing. The thickest facade usually covers the thinnest of skin.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
It's a pointless argument. I consider the regulatory agencies and the big corporations to be two aspects of the same organism...the mouth and the asshole. Two ends of the same digestive tract feeding on small business.
The regulatory agencies chew them up and the big corporations excrete their crappy version of the product. The "consumers" are the dung beetles.

jackswilling

Lifer
Feb 15, 2015
Those pointing to vaping as the prime mover don't seem to realize that there was no vaping market as a practical matter at the time. It is the vapers who may save our bacon as they are significant in number and fighting for their lives. They will be extinguished if no change is made to the deeming date. The real reason is that like - minded people who cannot be identified here hate tobacco in any and all forms.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
You know, in reading some of these threads, the content of some of them amaze me.
America has never been wholesome..
Big business is behind the changes. They want more money, and eliminated the competition...
Really?  You have studied the whole of American history and have determined this? Please sir educate me on which countries are/have been "wholesome?" And big business is powerless without the weight of corrupt government to first lobby and influence (read: buy), then to act in picking and choosing its winners. Coda, I may be wrong, but you sound like someone who thinks business is a bad thing and needs big government to control.
The problem isn't big business, they only do what they can to protect their own interests, no more than the people here who go out and buy up every tin of a blend they can when they think supply might run short with no thought of others who might also want to buy some.
Without the enabling force of corruption in government who:
A). Peddles influence for personal gain.

B). Does not follow the legal mandates it is prescribed to follow.
None of this could happen. We would have a free, open market where companies and products survive because there is a demand for them.
There is clearly a demand for tobacco.
The problem is those few in power who simply think they know better how to tell others how they may live and have no compunction in wielding their power to enforce their ideology on others. And as to some of the preposterous statements made here, I am only reminded of the words of Albert Osborn, who once commented that those who expose their undeveloped natures would of course not do it if they knew they were doing it. The tragedy of ignorance is ignorance of it.
Folks, if you want to stop all of this from happening, YOU have the power to do so, this November.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Save it joe, The Prigressive Deviance is gross negligence. I simply stated that the Government controls these regulations, not big business. Big Business lobbies. Re-read the post or not. It's really a reading comp. issue.
Joe many folks read these threads and never post, because they fear that the tolerant ilk will box hole them. Who should be shameful now?

Status
Not open for further replies.