PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

jguss

Lifer
Jul 7, 2013
My dad was an intermittent cigarette and pipe smoker. He might have smoked a number of pipe tobaccos but the one I remember most clearly some 50+ years later is Amphora Blue. His dad smoked a pipe too but I don't know any details since my grandfather gave it up long before I was born. Given very limited $$$ I'm sure he smoked inexpensive drugstore blends.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Outside of my oldest brother’s brief flirtation with pipe smoking when he was in “the jolly green jungle” during TET, I’m the only pipe smoker in my family.
Pop rarely smoked. He had the occasional cigarette and the occasional Cuban cigar.

augiebd

Lifer
Jul 6, 2019
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
With a fractured family tree, many times over, I am blessed with many grandparents, some I knew. One grandfather smoked homegrown leaf in his pipe, another Player’s plain, unfiltered cigarettes and roll your owns. The others, no idea on their tobacco use. I had a great-uncle who smoked a meerschaum that was well coloured, don’t know what tobacco. My Dad smoked Export A green tailor made and roll your own and cheap cigars. A splurge would be Wolf Brother’s crooks. My Mom smoked Craven A cigarettes. My interest in pipes came from a friend’s Dad growing up, he smoked aromatics.

Reactions: didimauw