What to Do with My Meerschaum Lined Pipe (Possible Repairs)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

faziduke

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
Okay so when I was cleaning my meerschaum lined Hilson Fantasia (it was my great grandfather's) from a earlier smoke I shoved the pipe cleaner too far down the stem into the bowl and had poked the meerschaum lining. I've done some research now on caring for meerschaum; I've realized just how dumb that was. So my question is what should I do about the marks left on the lining?
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

faziduke

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
pretty much, forgive me for making a bigger deal out of this than it was. I'm just extremely new to this hobby. :puffpipe:

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I want the typical 1/8" cake on my meer, maybe a little less. The one I have had for a few decades and put away at times I gave it up has always been perfect right out of the box when I came back to it.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Cake in a meer bowl? For what purpose? The meer doesn't need the "protection" of a cake. Cake inhibits natural coloring. I am curious though. Why cake in a meer? What are the perceived positives of cake in a meer?

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I smoke aros in it and it does make a difference. It's not a pipe I worry about selling. None of my pipes in fact

Status
Not open for further replies.