What to Do with My Meerschaum Lined Pipe (Possible Repairs)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

faziduke

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
Okay so when I was cleaning my meerschaum lined Hilson Fantasia (it was my great grandfather's) from a earlier smoke I shoved the pipe cleaner too far down the stem into the bowl and had poked the meerschaum lining. I've done some research now on caring for meerschaum; I've realized just how dumb that was. So my question is what should I do about the marks left on the lining?
Edited by jvnshr: Title capitalization.

faziduke

Lurker
Sep 25, 2017
pretty much, forgive me for making a bigger deal out of this than it was. I'm just extremely new to this hobby. :puffpipe:

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I want the typical 1/8" cake on my meer, maybe a little less. The one I have had for a few decades and put away at times I gave it up has always been perfect right out of the box when I came back to it.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Cake in a meer bowl? For what purpose? The meer doesn't need the "protection" of a cake. Cake inhibits natural coloring. I am curious though. Why cake in a meer? What are the perceived positives of cake in a meer?

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I smoke aros in it and it does make a difference. It's not a pipe I worry about selling. None of my pipes in fact

Status
Not open for further replies.