What Tin/Bag?Pouch Are You Opening Today?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I just opened 1 of 6 jars of Stonehaven I've had aging since 2012. I couldn't hold off any longer with that one, it's Stonehaven season here in Central Texas.

I'll also be getting Mixture No. 79 in the mail today along with Coniston Cut Plug. Both tobaccos are new to me and I look forward to trying them.

I thought it would be fun to share what aged or new tobacco you're excited about opening up here on this thread. Be sure to also share your thoughts.

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
Great Topic. A big day for me in this area.
Just opened my first ever tin of GLP Sixpence. Smells great, tastes great. I may even do a review of it, limited tobacco vocabulary and all.
Have first tin of Bengal Slices, ready to pop.
First tin of Macbaren Virginia No. 1 as well.
As the warriors of old said, "Today is a great day to die, but tomorrow will be better."
PLEASE Let us know what you think of the Mixture 79. I've heard so many horrible things about it, I want to like it. :)

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Sharing a tin of Mac Baren Club Blend at a Mac Baren event here in Las Vegas today that has 7yrs age on it. This is my first real aged blend, so I'm excited to see what it's like. I've heard Club Blend ages pretty well.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
I just cracked a 2013 tin of McClelland Smyrna no. 1 from their Grand Oriental line. Good blend, but I feel the Orientals are hidden behind the Virginia's a little too much. Still, a very worthwhile, high quality blend.

ericusrex

Lifer
Feb 27, 2015
Bengal Slices here as well. But not by choice. Most recent P&C order arrived with two tins popped open.
:x

drennan

Can't Leave
Mar 30, 2014
Normandy
This morning I openned a mason jar with a year old lump of SG FV Plug. Smoked a bowl whilst fishing, I prefer it to FVF it's not as wet and seems a little sweeter and richer.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I hope you all like the Bengal Slices! That stuff is truly special in my opinion!
Most recent P&C order arrived with two tins popped open.

Be sure to email them about this. The same exact thing happened to my order (Bengal Slices, actually). They apologized and immediately sent out a new replacement tin.

macaroon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 2, 2015
Michigan
I just received an ounce each of PS Proper English and LL 125th Anniversary. These are my first two nonaromatic tobaccos! Haven't been able to smoke either of them yet, but I did get a good whiff of both and I'm VERY excited for that Stokkebye blend!

gmjabsky

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 3, 2015
I opened some more C&D Epiphany. I'm really enjoying this blend frequently and keep running low.

phil67

Lifer
Dec 14, 2013
I don't believe I've opened up a new tin in over 6 months. I've got plenty of tobacco stored in Mason jars and I haven't been smoking a pipe all that much lately. But, that will likely change with the warm weather coming around and having the luxury of being able to enjoy a bowl while being outside on the porch rather than being confined in the stifling indoors during the long winter months. It's not that I don't, or can't smoke inside, but I enjoy the pipe much better while relaxing on the porch in the early evening hours of summer.

bigtex

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 2, 2015
TX
Opened my first tin of Russ Oulettes Firestorm. Pretty good stuff so far...

gambit88

Can't Leave
Jan 25, 2015
Im going to open my jar of P.S. Luxury Navy Flake. I bought 2oz about a year ago, jarred it and forgot about it. I figure now is as good of time as any to open it.

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
Yesterday I openned a three year old tin of Blackwoods Flake, a three year old tin of Anniversary Kake, and today will be my first foray into Dunhill Flake. Good times.

jamesrsmithjr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 13, 2015
Just popped a jar of H&H Anniversary Kake from 3/2013 that I received in a trade. Great stuff....
Dunhill Flake, drool, a goto in my book... I believe I am down to 40 tins, time to order up...

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Just cracked open a tin of JF Germain Plum Cake. Really enjoying this one, lit up just fine and smokes cool with a lot of flavor.
Btw... Mixture 79 has was too much hate hype surrounding it. It's really not all that bad at all and I actually enjoy it, I need more time with it but it's very pleasant. My guess is that it's been re-blended and toned down to appeal to the contemporary pallet. I was kind of hoping it would be similar to a Lakeland but it's just a heavy handed licorice top note.

tschiraldi

Lifer
Dec 14, 2015
Ohio
Magnum Opus opened today. First time trying this one. I like it a lot, but Blackhouse, Gas Light, and Ten Russians are still my reigning favorites!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Yesterday I opened my first ever tin of Dunhill Flake and enjoyed the hell out of it. Today I hope to do the same with a tin of Davidoff Flake Medallions.

Dec 28, 2015
Just opened my first tin of Fribourg and Treyer Special Brown Flake. About ready to have my first Bowl of the day with a cup of coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.