What Pipe Brand Don’t You Own But Want To?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Choatecav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 19, 2023
Middle Tennessee
Sixten spearheaded the organic freehand approach to pipe carving. Before that pipe largely followed the French canon. From what I've read, he initially did this to get more pipes out of a block of wood because his finances were tight. Now, these are some of the most expensive pipes on the market. Bo Nordh pipes can command five figures!
Thanks for adding more insight to this fascinating pioneer of the art.

Reactions: sablebrush52

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
There are a few artisans that come to mind but are beyond my price range. Silver Gray and Doug Finlay namely.

Price range or not, however, I will one day hopefully own a Peterson Supreme System. My Pete deluxe systems are my best smokers, and I would love to see that engineering combined with Pete's aesthetic best.

That being said, I really like my pipe collection and there are only a handful I am considering selling. I've gotten to the point where I know what I like and want with my pipes, and also to the point where I have far more than I need. PAD is a bitch. 😂

thomasw

Dec 5, 2016
I love Castellos and have more than a few; they smoke so well. Same with Cavicchi pipes. But I have always wanted what Peck showed us years ago on this forum, the Michael Parks Long Shanks collection! Wow, but more than I can justify spending -- and that's keeping in mind I buy the odd Castello :)

Mar 1, 2014
Off the top of my head the obvious choice is Castello, one of the only brands on the market that drills an open and easy draw stem.
Problem is they've garnered such a reputation that Castello is the new Dunhill and the idea of spending that much money on a pipe with just an oversize factory air channel is ridiculous when it only takes me an hour to drill and polish the airway of any budget pipe to far haigher standard.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
North Central Florida
Brand? Ya, well, I suppose it would be Castello in a 55 shape. I agree with G.L. that these are a nice shape.
Other than that, I'd love to have a pipe from one of the Great Danes, or one of our own, home grown pipe makers. There are a couple/few whose pipes are always special. Quite a few, actually.
I don't recall seeing anyone mentioning a meerschaum producer?
Where do you get the best of these?

Alejo R.

Oct 13, 2020
Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Brand? Ya, well, I suppose it would be Castello in a 55 shape. I agree with G.L. that these are a nice shape.
Other than that, I'd love to have a pipe from one of the Great Danes, or one of our own, home grown pipe makers. There are a couple/few whose pipes are always special. Quite a few, actually.
I don't recall seeing anyone mentioning a meerschaum producer?
Where do you get the best of these?
Viena, pre WWII?

Reactions: emac.917