PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
What percent (or fraction) of your pipes are kept in a pipe rack or racks in your residence

in easy reach? For this post, let's say pipes that may be in racks but are in storage in a

cabinet, drawer, shed, attic, etc., don't count. I'd say about 2/3 of my pipes are in nice

racks. The others live close by on shelves near the racks or in a basket. I'm trying to decide

whether to buy another rack, of if that would only cause more severe PAD.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I have many pipes racks still empty and waiting, but I'd say 5 are full from single holders all the way to 7 day racks. About 30 pipes in all.

erichbaumer

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 4, 2012
Illinois
I keep all of mine on two racks, save a cob sitting next to a rack and a carved pipe with its own stand. However, I'd say 7 of the 14 are smoked on a regular basis. Also, the racks are on shelves within feet of my desk that also hold my tobacco box, cigar humidor and some other smoking essentials, and there's a drawer on the bottom that houses my fledgling cellar.

cajundad

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2012
Louisiana
1/2 :) lot on pipe trays , some on shelves in pipe sock , or in drawers . lazy I suppose , but I like to have them at hand in all of my hangout spots . My more expensive and or rare pipes are on a rack in a glass display case from an old store .

teufelhund

Lifer
Mar 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Every pipe that is in smoking condition is on a rack minus the meers in their cases. Every other pipe is being worked on and somewhere hanging out around my workbench. The one exception being the one I am currently smoking.

kashmir

Lifer
May 17, 2011
Northern New Jersey
I have five racks on my desk containing all of my pipes.

I won't buy a pipe if I can't rack it with the others.

All are smoked in a steady rotation.
IMAG0791-1-1.jpg

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Kashmir, that is a lovely collection.

If you do not mind my asking, did you have tose racks made? Or were they purchased through smoke shops / B&M's?

I ask because I am looking to get some racks similar to what you have, and the best way I have found so far is to get a wood worker in my city to make them for me.
As for this thread, I too keep all of my pipes in racks!

keith929

Lifer
Nov 23, 2010
All of my pipes are in racks except for 10 that because of size or shape won't fit.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
All of my pipes are racked, I just think they dry better that way. I do have a meer in it's own case, but the rest are in racks except the one I'm smoking.

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"I have five racks on my desk containing all of my pipes." - Kashmir
Holy smokes! (Literally) Do you have room for anything else on your desk (realizing the pipes are the most important, of course)?
All but a few of my pipes are in racks, most at least within reach of my desk, which is mostly covered with stacks of books, but I also keep some favourites in one of those large Peterson ashtrays - so, I've got four racked on the desk, four in the ashtray, my 10-Peterson rack on my near-at-hand file cabinet, and the rest in racks throughout the office. Oh, and two Rolex minis in the dresser drawer. I try to smoke them in straight rotation, but lose track from time to time.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Wow, those are some impressive arrays of pipes and racks. I like to seem the pipes all lined and shined up,

ready for a nice bowl of tobacco. It's like a pipe shop at home. As much as I like a new pipe, the ones that

are well-known and broken in are best.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
All of mine are racked except 2 Calabash pipes that won't fit in the rack. Also I have some unused cobs saved for guests that aren't racked.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I am in great need of a few more pipe racks. I have one rack which holds 24 pipes and the other holds 4. I have maybe 12 more pipes which live in a cold dark drawer in need of a new home!

Status
Not open for further replies.