PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

shermnatman

Lifer
Jan 25, 2019
Philadelphia Suburbs, Pennsylvania
SmashHits.jpg

During most of the fall of 1980, this cassette essentially lived in my Sony Walkman. Hard to describe to people what it was like to walk around, ride on a train, or be in a super-market with Jimi Hendrix secretly ripping through your head in full stereo hi-fidelity at full-tilt. Those original Walkmans were life-changing at the time. - Sherm Natman

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
View attachment 213153

During most of the fall of 1980, this cassette essentially lived in my Sony Walkman. Hard to describe to people what it was like to walk around, ride on a train, or be in a super-market with Jimi Hendrix secretly ripping through your head in full stereo hi-fidelity at full-tilt. Those original Walkmans were life-changing at the time. - Sherm Natman

Although the Walkman has been a revolutionary thing in my later youth I never had or missed one. I remember elderly people bitching and moaning about the kids with their cheap earphones sitting in busses and trains, or crossing streets like somnambulists. Same nagging as on today’s mobile / smartphone talkers in the cities. Those are really far outside.

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Listening to „Lady Jane“ in the radio.

My sweet Lady Jane, when I see you again
Your servant am I and will humbly remain
Just heed this plea, my love
On bended knees, my love
I pledge myself to Lady Jane

Last edited:

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
"Leaving on a Jet Plane" - John Denver

God, this brings some old memories. It was part of my elementary school graduation, and three years later, my sister's. Had a teacher that would play guitar and sing this song and everyone will join in. Was ok. Would have preferred Rolling Stones "Satisfaction" for getting the hell outta there.