PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net
Workin through some Randy Newman while replacing batteries in my watches. Though I like his earlier material better (I love his first few albums), this is actually a great box with some later releases.
One of the most underrated songwriters to live, in my opinion. View attachment 207554
I just recognised Randy Newman recently. I like his humour and he is not afraid to be anything but what’s called political correctness. Yes I agree a completely underrated songwriter.

A classic:

DesertDan

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 27, 2022
Tucson, AZ
Listening, watching Jaco Pastorius “The lost tapes documentary”, you tube.

Jaco literally changed the course of my life.
I heard his first solo album when I was 14 and decided that was what I wanted to do.
I made my living as a bass player until I was about thirty and continue to play and perform to the present.
I sometimes wonder how things would have been had I not heard Jaco that fateful summer day.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Not music right now....

I have all of the HPLHS productions. I think that their radio plays and movies have been the best adaptations of Lovecraft's work to date.
I've been thinking about getting those radio plays. And I agree they did a great job with the movies. I had seen the first one years ago, and learned of the second one thanks to @Zero mentioning it a while back...just watched it recently. It's interesting how those were made...they were obviously a labor of love for those people.