PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

milehighpiper

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2018
Denver, CO
Dean Martin’s - Volaré & Sammy Davis Jr’s - Sam’s Song.
These played back to back on my playlist while enjoying a SG - Fire Dance!
Clear sky, no wind, and a full belly. Great times!

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Not sure what to think about that video though LOL.
I agree........ it's got a whole lotta that 1980's cheesiness, but I after a few stiff drinks, it grows on you............ :lol:
Here's one, written almost 50 years ago, and just now released.......... there's an important message here in this one methinks......... :puffy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBjwkaW-T0

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My 2 year old picked this out last night:
0000274020.jpg

troutface

Lifer
Oct 26, 2012
Colorado
Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats. The second coming of Ray Charles, Sam Cooke and James Brown all rolled into one. Righteous stuff.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
French accordian cafe music while painting a bathroom wall. I can think of a million other things I'd rather be doing.

Dec 28, 2015
Currently listening to Blondie Chaplin (self titled) on vinyl with a bowl of SG best brown flake and glass of Bulleit Bourbon.

prndl

Lifer
Apr 30, 2014
The Resurrection of Pigboy Crabshaw.
Misters Butterfield and Bishop, Etal.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Here's one, written almost 50 years ago, and just now released.......... there's an important message here in this one methinks......…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jOBjwkaW-T0
Just had a chance to listen to that one Beef. I love the subject of time. I often contemplate what the true nature of it is...and how it relates to consciousness.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Someone pieced together a pretty good video for this one:
So we bought a pack of cigarettes and Mrs. Wagner's pies

And walked off to look for America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH9MMdaVZnE

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
I love the subject of time. I often contemplate what the true nature of it is...and how it relates to consciousness.
Same here, brian...... It's a fascination of mine as well.
Great video too, and probably my favorite S/G song! I have a couple really memorable moments that involve that song.
In 1991 I went to see Paul Simon at a small outdoor venture in Grove City, Ohio. The place was kinda out in the sticks. When he sang the verse "And the moon rose over an open field", he sort of waved his arm towards the crowd. Then he paused, and sang the verse again, and waived his arm towards the crowd. Finally someone looked over their shoulder and then EVERYONE turned around and the crowd went NUTS!! For there, on the horizon behind us was the Biggest brightest full moon I've ever seen- rising over an open field....... it was one of those truly magical moments in my life. To this day, I don't know if that was planned, or sheer blind coincidence, but I like to believe there was some sort of higher-power at work that wonderful night. I will never forget that. (I just dug out my old concert stub from the show (yes, I have them all :oops: ) It was August 25, 1991, and looked up the full moon calendar for 1991, and indeed it was a FULL moon) Wanted to make sure my memories weren't playing tricks on me!!
My other memory dates back to 1988, I was in college in Athens Ohio. I had a HUGE 1971 Olds 98, and sometimes on the weekends my buddies and I would gas that thing up and cruise the backways of southern Ohio. This usually involved beer and weed back then too (I know :roll: )............ Well we're driving this backwoods two lane highway and we pass Art G. just walking down the road!! WTF? I says: "THAT was fucking ART GARFUNKEL, MAN!!" My buddies were saying "no way dude, you're too high." "Why would Art. G. be walking down the road? I said 'How would I know?, but THAT was him!" They insisted it was not. Well, I turned the Old 1971 Olds 98 around and approached the walker. We rolled down the windows and my buddy says "Are you Art G?" Art smiled and said, "Why yes, yes I am!" Then we asked him if he needed a ride....... he explained he was walking across America, but thanks anyways.......... Then we told him good luck, and offered him a beer, which he declined. Then we just sort of drove off and waved, and that was it..........
Both true stories, and both very dear to my heart, so thanks again brian, for posting that link, and bringing those old memories back!!
And JBC-- Thanks for reminding me of that Blondie Chaplin album. My freshman roommate had a copy on vinyl and we played that one all the time! I haven't thought of it in over 30 years! I love that album......... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.