PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
ZZ Top 'Tres Hombres' with a bowl of Bold Kentucky and mug of Earl Grey tea.
Philo, I've not played 'Honky Château' in many months...shall now dig it out :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Well, last night. I swore that I was done with Roger Waters, because of his political views. But, it was my birthday and I found two, $80 tickets on Stub hub at the DC show last night. When we went in, I was goofing with the attendant. She said, you are so friendly, I'm upgrading your tickets. We went from nosebleeds to the front row....well, sort of. Our upgrade was on the floor, near the front, but when we walked down, there were two empty seats on the front. My wife said "are those ours?". I said "yep" and sat down. We made it five songs before the folks that paid $359 showed up....Our real seats were only 15 rows back. Amazing seats and an incredible show. Roger can't really sing any more, so he just front the band. The lights/lasers/electronics are hard to describe, it was the most amazing concert I've ever seen. He went at Trump hard, that was fun to see the crowds reactions. I'm not sure that I'll see anything like that again. He played "Dogs" and had a lot of fun at Trumps expense with that one.
On top of the up-front seats, there were two pretty obnoxious young guys in front of us. They left early and left their bag of t-shirts on their chair. At the concert end, they were still there. We waited for them to come back, but they never did so I'm two t-shirts richer. A pretty fortunate evening!
20545434_1877047485644571_8146603364447889248_o.jpg

Dec 28, 2015
Saw Floyd in '93 on the Division Bell tour. Actually had front row seats at Vanderbilt stadium in Nashville. But sadly have never seen Waters. Glad you got to see him Al. Sounds like you had a great night. That one and only time I saw them was one of the best shows I have ever seen.

kodos44

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2012
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew. One of my favorite Jazz albums. Smoking a bowl of Ennerdale

Dec 28, 2015
^ one of my all time favorite lyrics......
"Now the darkness only stays at night time

In the morning it will fade away

Daylight is good

At arriving at the right time

But it's not always going

To be this grey"

Status
Not open for further replies.