PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

milk

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Currently listening to Gong ~ Angel’s Egg.
I went through a heavy Gong period. Have you heard the the album Allen made in the 90s with Kramer (a briefly popular show-gazer producer for bands like Galaxy 500)? I've been searching for an article I read a few years ago that really surprised me but I can'r find it anywhere. It was quoting Allen as being really regretful about many things and disillusioned. I was just surprised, almost as if it seemed like a put-on. How could a guy regret his whole career? I wanted to reread it to see if I was remembering the article correctly or if my memory is off. I loved the Gong stuff in college and the 90s Allen album is worth a listen also. It's called "Who's Afraid?"

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
Currently listening to Gong ~ Angel’s Egg.
I located the article. It still seems like a fantastic description of Allen and interesting to ponder. Is it true? I don't know. But it might be the thoughts going through anyone's head who lived through those kinds of things. It MIGHT BE. I was in a band for many years. I wrote songs and travelled and played. It wasn't a success. Still, I resonate with the anxiety of Allen though he was a huge success and there's no comparison. Three Questions for Kramer - Believer Magazine - https://www.thebeliever.net/logger/three-questions-for-kramer/

milk

Sep 21, 2022
Japan
*Edit: Kramer was a producer of different music, some of them SHOE-gazer bands

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Going to see Ron tomorrow night
I saw him once many years ago...had never heard of him, but he was opening for, I think it was America if I remember right. I thought he did a good set. Never really followed him, but every now and then something reminds me of him. I can certainly appreciate what he wrote in that song.

Reactions: wyfbane and Bengel