PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I had a follow up visit with a GI doctor recently. (A bleeding ulcer put me in ICU a year or so ago) He said he will see me in two years when I turn 50. Something to look forward to.
Winton
Also, Great looking pipe in the original post!

davidintexas

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 4, 2013
Glad I caught this thread. 55 years now. Have not had one done yet. Had annual done couple of weeks ago. PSA and everything turned out good. Doc gave me the card of another doc that does the colon thing in the same building. I will be getting an appt made Monday to schedule one as soon as. Thanks for the wakeup call.
Boudreaux, I truly hope your situation turns out well. I will be thinking about you. Your and Pipestud's testimonies have inspired me to get off by butt. Thank you

Dec 24, 2012
Also gentlemen, don't forget to have sympathy for your Proctologist.
They start at the bottom ... and stay there! :)
A buddy of mine is a gynaecologist. He's always pleased to be at your cervix.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
Don't get your gynaecologist friend near any podiatrists ... they're arch rivals! :rofl:

countrygent

Lurker
Dec 16, 2013
I recently lost a pal who was young and ignored some warning signs until it was far too late: he had fully metastacised before diagnosis and was beyond any reasonable treatment options. All the lads in his circle of many friends committed to regular colonoscopy exams - I don't think there are many diagnostic procedure you can do that are almost an outright warranty on a longer, healthier life . Mine: four early polyps, and the treat after that was the pathology report - clean.
Two things that can make the prep a little easier - a good protective dollop of diaper cream or Vaseline to protect the delicate exit area from the rocket's red glare, and going onto a boost/ensure liquid diet at least a day prior to the cleaning regime.
For me although there was slight discomfort, I kind of got a kick out the dizzy, dreamy watching the video monitor of my insides. Drinking the moviprep was the worst part for me, and it wasn't really too bad.
And the procedure is a good time to review your lifestyle and diet too - what goes in the cake hole affects what happens on the way out at the business end!

Status
Not open for further replies.