PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
U deserve to chain smoke a couple packs of cigarettes, because you obviously don't deserve to own a nice pipe!

Just kidding!

But punishing your tongue smoking some captain black or something would be fitting....

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
I rarely drink whiskey anymore, I had my years of glory during my college years. But I did like a good Irish, or an old Single Malt Scotch, I occasionally still indulge ...

Reactions: aquadoc

pappymac

Lifer
Feb 26, 2015
Obviously a boilermaker of sorts...MD2020 in Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull....we called them MadBullDawgs in high school....back about 4 decades.
That sounds a little lightweight. I think a Trainwreck would be more appropriate. I was introduced to it in a bar in Nome, Alaska in September 1972. It's like a boilermaker but with a shot of Everclear dropped into a glass of beer.

Reactions: timelord

aquadoc

Lifer
Feb 15, 2017
New Hampshire, USA
I rarely drink whiskey anymore, I had my years of glory during my college years. But I did like a good Irish, or an old Single Malt Scotch, I occasionally still indulge ...

Like you, I may have a dram or 2 during the week, at most. Maybe 1 while writing in my journal. Hence, I splurge on good whiskey/whisky for thsee times because, why not enjoy the best if you are not going to drink it off in a week or
sitting. Also, C19 has shown us, if nothing else, that our days should be enjoyed while they can be enjoyed. For my pipes, I far more enjoy iced sweet black tea.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I'm no drinker at all from the perspective of most drinkers I know, however I'm not a teetotaler. In the self medication department, so much depends on how you drink. Some can't even get started without some high test multi-proof cocktail double. In my case, going numb doesn't help. I need to be sentient enough to experience the healing of mind, however cloudy. For me that doesn't take much. I'd do a little (for this purpose) very good bourbon.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
I was really enjoying Larceny for my money, but got on a Wild Turkey bend and except for the occasional side track into Old Ezra, Elija Craig and Old Granddad that’s where I have stayed for my Manhattans or neat.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Ezra is one of my staples. Found the Old version for $50.00 a fifth. I can get a half gallon for less than $30.00. WTF???...
Yea, the 117 proof stuff can go pretty high. I got a bottle in the state lottery for $40. Very tasty!

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Know this?

"However, upon tasting coffee, Pope Clement VIII declared that, "This Satan's drink is so delicious that it would be a pity to let the infidels have exclusive use of it." Clement allegedly blessed the bean because it appeared better for the people than alcoholic beverages. The year often cited is 1600."
back in the day when there was a strong debate about if coffee should be legal or not.

Reactions: Chasing Embers
Jan 27, 2020
Couldn't agree more. It is comparable to higher priced single malts like Knapogue Castle and honestly, I prefer Paddy's to Red Breast, heresy some might say, but thats like just my opinion man.

Maybe 70+ Mom turned me onto it...thankfully it’s becoming more widespread in the USA.