PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

zensmoker

Lurker
Mar 6, 2018
I was polishing the stem of this gorgeous Camelia bulldog estate that I picked up and it slipped out of my hand and onto the hard tile! I don't think my wife properly appreciates the silent suffering I am going through.

camelia bulldog broken tenon.jpeg

Last edited:

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
I don’t know brother...something like that, I won’t touch the good stuff. Being me, guess it would be drinking straight from a bottle of Old Crow, between the crying jags and beating the dog.

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It came from a rather dubious source, but I will repeat the story because I find it funny. Recently, a Scottish filmmaker was interviewing Pope Francis for a documentary called Priest School. After the interview, the filmmaker presented the Holy Father with a bottle of nice scotch. The Popes eyes lit up and he said "now this is the real holy water!"

As a Catholic and scotch drinker I found that quite funny.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
It came from a rather dubious source, but I will repeat the story because I find it funny. Recently, a Scottish filmmaker was interviewing Pope Francis for a documentary called Priest School. After the interview, the filmmaker presented the Holy Father with a bottle of nice scotch. The Popes eyes lit up and he said "now this is the real holy water!"

As a Catholic and scotch drinker I found that quite funny.
Know this?

"However, upon tasting coffee, Pope Clement VIII declared that, "This Satan's drink is so delicious that it would be a pity to let the infidels have exclusive use of it." Clement allegedly blessed the bean because it appeared better for the people than alcoholic beverages. The year often cited is 1600."

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Know this?

"However, upon tasting coffee, Pope Clement VIII declared that, "This Satan's drink is so delicious that it would be a pity to let the infidels have exclusive use of it." Clement allegedly blessed the bean because it appeared better for the people than alcoholic beverages. The year often cited is 1600."

I hadn't heard that before. I know that coffee is Austria's gift to the world though, but that's not the point of the thread.