PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipeMarc

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 14, 2017
South East
Of course it’s always the sweet call of nicotine, but truly, it’s just the call to enjoy partaking in the ritual. It’s like a smith that wakes up yearning to swing his hammer. The occasional pipe sighting in a great Cold War film doesn’t hurt either 😂

Reactions: Professor Moriarty

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I only light up when I have 10 min or longer to have a seat outside and relax, which is a couple times a week if I'm lucky. I also light up in my work van if I have a few minutes of free time. Total, I'm lucky if I get though 2 full bowls a week.

Reactions: PiperCalvinist

seabee1999

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 10, 2019
Norman, OK
For me it’s time. I don’t smoke often, generally once a week or so. By the time one smoke ends and the other begins, I have an interest to go outside and enjoy a bowl. Sometimes alone, sometimes with my family around.

Reactions: PiperCalvinist

Manawydan

Can't Leave
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
I haven't found myself craving nicotine or pipe-smoking. What triggers me is a desire to get away from the screen for a while and just be outside with nothing to do for 45 minutes. I work from home and I spend most of that time in front of a computer. My work can be stressful at times. Smoking a pipe is a luxury I afford myself to rest and take in the world.

So I often smoke at least half a bowl of pipe tobacco after lunch, and then very much enjoy an evening smoke if it isn't too hot and humid outside.