36 Fresh Vauen Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 6, 2019
Dixieland
I have some kind of tobacco going pretty much non-stop.

I use pipes for situations I would normally smoke 30 cigarettes, like a road trip or while I'm reading at night, or watching tv. I use cigars in this position also, but to a lesser extent.

The times I cant smoke anything, I'll do the dip. If I'm full on nicotine, I'll use the chew.

The times I must have a cigarette, like after meals, or when I'm in close quarters with my wife, I'll have a cigarette. She never complains about anything, but pipe or cigar smoke she wont abide.

The times when my sinuses are clear and the pipe blend I'm smoking is weak on the N, I'll toot some nasal snuff.

My trigger is basically being awake.

OlJawBone

Can't Leave
Apr 19, 2021
California
I think I am addicted to nicotine. When I started smoking a pipe I still rolled my own tobacco, and I didn't really get any nicotine buzz out of the pipe, but now that it is my only mode of getting N, some blends can actually leave my stomach feeling not too great.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

Rossi320

Can't Leave
Jul 4, 2023
Northumberland county, pa
Never smoked cigs .i chew only ,started on a pipe 2 years ago.(in private/house).....i am progressing by going in my backyard.,not yet at the pipe holster at my hip and leather tobacco pouch in my back pocket stage yet,but I hope to get there with a collection of pipes to put in my holster.

Last edited:

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
I usually have a cigar going or a pipe or both, smoking some of a cigar and then swapping it out to puff a pipe really brings out the best in both for me, something about the contrast. If im away there is a decent chance im smoking, so my trigger is being awake.

dottlejockey

Part of the Furniture Now
My trigger is forethought. As soon as the thought crosses my mind (pretty much all day, if i'm home) then the reflexes take over and the puffing commences. Of course hopping on the forums and perusing the What Are You Smoking thread is just fuel to the fire.