What is Your most Ridiculous piece of Kit?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Yeah, it's a sou'wester though.View attachment 107792
And one more point about why your assertion that it's a sou'wester is wrong, well actually two, is that the flap is turned up. Every classic depiction of a sou'wester has the front rim flap turned up. Is the front rim on the bag turned up? No. It is floppy? No. Are there ear flaps? No. It's simply a clumsy rendition of Homes wearing a deerstalker. Remember, this thread is about "ridiculous kit", and this bag certainly applies.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and JOHN72

Duck

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2021
Edinburgh
And one more point about why your assertion that it's a sou'wester is wrong, well actually two, is that the flap is turned up. Every classic depiction of a sou'wester has the front rim flap turned up. Is the front rim on the bag turned up? No. It is floppy? No. Are there ear flaps? No. It's simply a clumsy rendition of Homes wearing a deerstalker. Remember, this thread is about "ridiculous kit", and this bag certainly applies.
You'll be telling me next that this duck is a rabbit.6c550c251a6fa4a15acc5a3890081b6e.jpeg

Reactions: sablebrush52

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Awesome looking bag Jesse. I bought this Sheffield make 7 pipe laptop bag a long time ago from SP. It holds a shit load of pipes and tobacco if I kept the lap top home. Even with the laptop it holds a good amount.

Thank you Harris, it's...unique, to say the least.
Your case isn't a bit of ridiculous kit in the least. That's a really nice design. Congrats!

jaytex1969

Lifer
Jun 6, 2017
Here
I believe I heard of a story of 100 ghurkas (possible seiks) that held off thousands of Afghanis. Long time ago. They were using muskets, fortified at a fort. Certified bad ass's

Kesari is the name of the film. It's very good and streaming on either Netflix or Prime right now. 21 Sikh warriors hold off a huge onslaught for an heroic amount of time. Go watch it!

My high water mark of ridiculous gear:

1636499092772.png
1636499102710.png

1636499111772.jpeg