PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
DUDE, why did you have to post this! Now I have a new obsession ;-) That is a great looking vintage lighter. LAD ignited, pun intended. This and maybe a Faux-Pont as someone coined them, I think it was jpmcwjr.
Last I looked, there was a working Maruman GL-67 on eBay for $60.00. Not bad all things considered. Sorry for the LAD, but that’s what happened to me when I saw this lighter. ?

gamzultovah

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
I didn't coin it, but have used it a bunch of times.

And, yeah, what a gem. Can you, gamzultovah, tell us more?
f469c9bd-9818-4a83-9cf2-d7c82aae5bbc-jpeg.6157
I'll tell you more about the lighter from my perspective as the history of the Maruman is readily available online and I don't want to bore you. This lighter (and many like it from Maruman) turns up quite often on eBay; although they are almost never in working condition. This particular model (GL-67) is very easy to operate with just one hand and when you're out in public, it gives you that cool James Dean, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson look when you do the entire motion just right.

When you find a Maruman lighter you can guarantee that the seal around the filler valve will be worn out. This is an easy $55.00 fix though, if you send it off to ARS (Authorized Repair Services) in Hendersonville, NC.

Other than that the flame is soft, the lighter is reliable and it has the look and a feel I really enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.