SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

What is (are) your favorite blend type(s)?

• Virginia

Votes: 54 43.2%
  • VaBur

Votes: 26 20.8%
  • VaLat

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • VaPer

Votes: 58 46.4%
  • Burley

Votes: 33 26.4%
  • English (Balkan,Scottish)

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • American

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Aromatic

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • Cigar Leaf

Votes: 11 8.8%
  • Oriental

Votes: 26 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 1, 2012
Now I think that I should have opened 2 separate threads to be able to include all blend types.
Yeah, you forgot AroVaBurPerOr...:LOL:...and Lakeland...nnnn

Personally I'm a fan of many of the genres. It really comes more down to specific blends for me. Interesting results to look at though.

• Haha
Reactions: jvnshr

Fiddlepiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 22, 2020
Scotland
www.danielthorpemusic.com
That’s technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

(With apologies to futurama.)
Should it be preferred rather than favourite? Or is life too short for semantics?

ps LOVE Futurama so many little jokes you miss on first watch but get when you watch again. One of favourite (preferred ?) shows to switch off to.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
An Observation.

If Aromatics make up 90 percent of all pipe tobacco sales and keep the rest of the blends funded for production, it sure isn’t representative in this poll, Aros currently posting at 14 percent.

Straight Burley or Burley with a bit of VA for me.

American, I assume are OTC’s ? I checked that box as well.

BrokenRecord

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 26, 2020
PNW, US
An Observation.

If Aromatics make up 90 percent of all pipe tobacco sales and keep the rest of the blends funded for production, it sure isn’t representative in this poll, Aros currently posting at 14 percent.

Most pipe smokers just smoke their pipes and don’t hang out on online forums. We are the enlightened ones.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
An Observation.

this site certainly isn't representative of most pipe smokers either. From my experience Grangerous is the most typical among us. Most pipe smokers I know have a blend and maybe just maybe a few they like smoking on occasions.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
this site certainly isn't representative of most pipe smokers either. From my experience Grangerous is the most typical among us. Most pipe smokers I know have a blend and maybe just maybe a few they like smoking on occasions.
That resonates with me. I’m getting to the point where you couldn’t “give me” another Blend. I’m set and satisfied. Perhaps that’s more typical of a pipe smoker who would not join a forum? I’m here because you gents are a fine bunch and I’ve contracted a fine case of PAD ☝️?

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
That resonates with me. I’m getting to the point where you couldn’t “give me” another Blend. I’m set and satisfied. Perhaps that’s more typical of a pipe smoker who would not join a forum? I’m here because you gents are a fine bunch and I’ve contracted a fine case of PAD ☝️?
yeah you are more like most pipe smokers I've known. That said I've always known a few that jump around a lot, but they're more of an oddity. You know the complete reverse of this forum. But hell that is one of the things I love about pipe smoking.

stokesdale

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2020
Stokesdale
This is a great poll and supports a theory I've had about forum members for a while now which is that roughly 43.7% of the members, i.e., straight Virginia lovers like myself, can be best represented by someone refined, cultured, debonair such as this gentleman

interesting man.jpg

While roughly 56.3% of forum members are unrefined, sloppy, and really don't know what a good blend is, like this man rotf

original.jpg

Great poll! rotf