What is Your Favorite Blend in the Morning?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
Typically, I smoke some sort of burley flake in the morning. I smoked a lot of KBV Burley Morning Pipe in the morning for a while, and when i first started smoking and didn't know anything about burley, it was Chelsea Morning. Every morning. With coffee. At some point, I'll have to dig out a jar of it again. It's been years.

Reactions: Annaresti Red

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I'm not that specific. Usually whatever I didn't finish from the night before.
I don't get to have a pipe in the morning lately, but I'll sometimes have one like that from night before. It's been fun and good for my palate development to work my way back to figuring out what it was I ended with in that bowl. More complex because sometimes I'll put one down that needs a rest and start another - and occasionally end up with more than 1 to distinguish from the night before. All good fun.

Reactions: Chasing Embers

atwaterville

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 15, 2021
Los Angeles, CA
What's your impression of EMP? I found one tin from 2018, thinking about selling or smoking it.
I like Oriental-forward English blends so EMP checks this box for me. it has just enough nic hit and Latakia for a morning smoke. Goes great with coffee or tea. However, if your tin is worthy of great value, IMO I would sell it and get a new tin to smoke it.

Annaresti Red

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 20, 2021
Concord, CA
www.tobaccoreviews.com
I like Oriental-forward English blends so EMP checks this box for me. it has just enough nic hit and Latakia for a morning smoke. Goes great with coffee or tea. However, if your tin is worthy of great value, IMO I would sell it and get a new tin to smoke it.
Thanks for the insight.

I know that the only way to know for sure is to smoke it my self, as someone said, but hearing a few responses does help sometimes.

Steddy

Lifer
Sep 18, 2021
Western North Carolina
Still a new pipe smoker so my tastes are subject to change, but as of late it has mostly been Burley, Virginia, or VaPer. Old Joe Krantz, Briar Fox, Pegasus, Haunted Bookshop, Union Square. I’m still working through Virginias and VaPers to find my favorites. C&D Burley reigns supreme with coffee in the morning.