What is your current "go to" or "everyday" smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
I don't smoke all day every day so I don't really have a "go to" smoke. It all depends on my mood. Smoking a pipe is an event for me that I set time aside for and pay close attention to.

Jan 30, 2012
Right now it is a toss up between Navy Flake and Bullseye by Stokkebye. I wish I could smoke english blends...but really heavy Latakia makes me sick. I have had instances where I have gotten dizzy in addition to the feeling that I have just had dirty socks stuffed in my mouth. Having said that...I did buy some nightcap recently and have gotten along with that ok. I am not new to this...25 year pipe smoker. I mention that b/c somewhere someone said you have to grow into latakia. Well...I am waiting!!!! Also certain blends like Sam Malloy and Erinmore taste like floral hand soap to me. Anyone have any good blends that favor virginia's and perique? I love Escudo...Dark Star, Virginia Woods, Dark Strong Maduro...anyone have any great blends in that vein?

clanobucklin

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2010
I don't really have any go to blends or same everyday smokes. However, I have noticed that my taste for Aros and Crossovers has started to fall by wayside. I am finding that I have recently lost my taste for a lot of them - although I enjoy an Aro or a crossover occasionally. Any of the Aros or Crossover blends that I would smoke would be from Sterling/1776 Tobacco. Jack Peterson likes to put casing in most of his blends including his English tobaccos.
Currently my passion is for Burley blends ie Peretti's 1072, B-94 & Cuban Blend (which is a Burley blend - and there is no CIGAR leaf in it - why they call it Cuban Blend escapes me - but it is an old style tobacco that is quite tasty).
If I am not smoking Burley blends - then I am smoking English blends ie Peretti's Omega, Royal Blend, Tashkent and Smith's Own. If I am not smoking Peretti's then its MacB's Plumcake or a Hearth and Home Ambassador's Blend or Magnum Opus.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Last couple weeks it's been HH Vintage Syrian and H&H Sun Jammer. Westminster will be back in the rotation since my order just came in.

futureman

Can't Leave
Jul 9, 2011
Ohio (Displaced Central Texan)
I'm hooked on PS's Luxury Twist. A good, lightly flavored Virginia that neither bites nor coats the tongue with unwanted flavors. It's cheap, too. File it under "best bang for your buck." My new "go to" smoke.
:puffpipe:

markw4mms

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Bremen,GA
PS LNF is one of my favorites, and I smoke at least one bowl of it a day, also usually smoke a bowl of Sugar Barrel every day as well.

wildcat

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 1, 2012
I went on a binge of 50/50 a mix of Smokers Pride Black Cavendish and H&H last week. I spend no less than 2 days per week with Middleton's Apple (wish it came in a large tin!). Saturday and Sunday mornings start of with PS English Luxury.

Status
Not open for further replies.