What is your current "go to" or "everyday" smoke?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattmars

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 13, 2011
McClelland 5100 mostly during the day or GLP Telegraph Hill. At night it's one of my VA flakes. The aros have been irritating me lately.

maxpeters

Can't Leave
Jan 4, 2010
Mine is Middleton's Cherry blend.
Funny how just a few years ago I wouldn't have even thought of putting a cherry blend into my pipes. Part of the reason was that I remembered how overly gooey and sweet the first cherry blends were when I first started smoking a pipe. I didn't want to repeat that experience.

Then one day I just wanted something different, so I went to the local tobacco shop which sold mostly cigarettes, and picked up some different pouches of OTC pipe tobacco that they had on the shelf. Most were terrible, but Middleton's Cherry and their Walnut blend I found were really rather good.

I now buy them both by the tub. Their Cherry blend really only has a very subtle cherry flavour and aroma. Almost undetectable. To me at least. Also their Walnut blend has nothing to do with walnuts. It stands for Walnut Street.

It's rather good also.

radio807

Can't Leave
Nov 26, 2011
New Jersey
I don't have an everyday smoke, but the three I always keep on hand are Boswell's Best and Smoker's Choice blends, and Mac Baren 7 Seas Gold. I'm just into my first tin of Orlik and I'm liking it, but I've had only two flakes so far and I need to explore the blend a lot more to see if it's going to have a permanent place in the "cellar."

colorduke

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 5, 2011
It depends which otc i grab for the day,h/h,pa,ch,swr,granger,velvet& or ky club.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
I guess mine would be 1792 Flake as i recently finished off my Erinmore, later in the day i sip a random aromatic.

pipedisciple

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 18, 2011
I lean more the aromatics and will smoke english blends occasionally. Right now my current fav's are Lanes 1-Q and MacBarens 7 Seas Royal, but I would be open to hearing from anyone if they have a favorite aromatic I could try, knowing what I am smoking now. :puffy:

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
macbarens origional,seven seas but at the moment clan because it was bought for me

Status
Not open for further replies.