PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

docrx

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 9, 2011
I have 2 Alpha s that have become my favorite goto s.I Love their wide stems and they can be had for good prices. They have a nice feel in the hand,smoke cool, and are 1/4 bent(my Fav).

bambam

Can't Leave
Jun 22, 2011
Virginia
She ain't much but she's my favorite :puffy:
Photoon2011-11-17at1542.jpg

Photoon2011-11-17at1541.jpg

Photoon2011-11-17at15412.jpg

francois1

Might Stick Around
Jul 21, 2011
I have a small colection of 7 pipes best mustbe my DR plumb quintex and then

recently i got a vauen pipe from the states great pipe then my peterson army spigot

all unique in their own way as cindy says pipe/tobacco combination that is the way

i regard my pipes

david(SCT)

iowamike

Can't Leave
Nov 14, 2010
I have a Nording rusticated, it smokes so good but if your going to fill it up be ready to smoke for a long time.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Bump for the noobs
Strange as it may seem, and perhaps in line with master Pease's last article, I have been tremendously surprised by a $75 Savinelli Tevere 645 for almost two months now. Easily becoming a preferred pipe over $200 flame grain Petes.I just find myself grabbing this pipe as much as I can. It absolutely is providing me with the most pleasant smokes lately. To the point where the latest BriarBird I ordered was based on this pipe.
002-033-4831.jpg

So, what is your best smoking pipe.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Toss up between an Invicta Briar's Banker and a Stanwell Featherweight in the old No. 11 shape. Both smoke like a dream. The Stanwell is still being broken in but I can't say enough good about this pipe - smokes amazingly.

lazydog

Apr 24, 2012
Right now, its a mastercraft meerschaum 11$ straight billiard (off ebay). A most delightful pipe with some 7 seas regular in it. Cool sweet smoke. Makes my day//

waznyf

Apr 24, 2012
Texas
My favorite pipe is my Northern Briar Country Man Rustic. Can't quite say which of my pipes smokes the best as I believe they all smoke extremely well.
CountryManRusticPipe-1.jpg

pipedreams101

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 1, 2012
I was just remarking to my friend about how my trusty ol' straight falcon is the best smoking pipe I own. as far as amount of smoke produced, draw and the feel of it clenched in my teeth. Its overall the best pipe I own, better than my petes, meerschaums and all. My best friend really lol

acworthal

Lurker
Aug 3, 2016
I hesitate to answer this question. As soon as I chose one I will change my mind. I suspect that most of us pipe smokers change our minds often about what is are best pipe. I own about 40 pipes. Nine are Peterson. Eight are Savinellis. Four are Danbarks from Frenchys. One Dunhill Cumberland. Also have a couple of Stanwells. Five or six MM corn cobbs, a Kaywoodie and an Oxford Big Ben. Plus, a mess of basket pipes. I recently purchased two Curvys from Al Pascia RIGHT NOW they are my best smokers. These guys are absolutely fantastic smokers.

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
All my pipes are great smokers. Any I found that weren't, I got rid of. All my Peterson Systems for example, which didn't do what they claimed, and gurgled like a straw at the bottom of a drink. Life's too short to smoke a lousy pipe. I got rid of a bunch of Ser Jacs too, not because they were bad smokers, just were too big for comfort.

dottiewarden

Lifer
Mar 25, 2014
Toronto
Turkish Meer
Don't get me wrong, I love my briars, but nothing beats a Meer! In fact my favorite pipe, and the one I most identify pipe smoking with, is my Chacom Salsa Canadian.
What I like about the Meer is:
No break in period

No caking

No ghosting

No drying time

No problem with Bic lighters
Color changes with use which creates a personalized look that evolves over time

Very, very elegant

litup

Oct 16, 2015
Sacramento, CA

I bought this estate Ardor a few years ago from smokingpipes.com. It had an "Evenly over-reamed" chamber with some spider webbing and they graded the condition just a 4/5. And yet I find that when I smoke it, I consistently have a great experience and out of all my pipes I'd miss this one the most if something happened to it.

PlanxtyPipes

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 6, 2013
Castello Sea Rock Briar #17. It's a saddle bit pot that has an open draw and is very light and easy to clench.

castello1_zps5956ac3d.jpg

or
Claudio Cavicchi bent billiard. Hangs just right despite it's size and smokes like a dream.

s-l1600_zps6brgnivj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.