PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
This can be very hard to answer if you have more then one pipe. My favorite is an old system pipe Rettke of Washington Missouri. The company is now gone having been purchased by missouri Meerschaum.
KGrHqRhQE5oQosg3TBOi8uWu60_3.jpg

This odd looking pipe is made of briar and has a lower chamber with a metal condenser and an upper chamber that contains a filter. The smoke leaves the bowl thru the lower chamber then into the upper and out the stem. It smokes dry and cool. It has a large bowl which I prefer.
Ok....show everyone what you pick up most.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
This Altinok meer. I unfortunately don't get to smoke it that often because I do most of my smoking in the car and I'm terrified of hurting it.
(sorry for not imbedding it, I'm on my iPad.)

Jul 15, 2011
I have several pipes that all smoke very well, though I can't say that I could place the smoking properties of one pipe to a higher standard than any of the others, with one exception. I have an old ebay no name Billiard pipe that I paid $10 for, and it is the smoothest smoker I own. Chunky build, nice thick walls, absorbs a lot of heat, and has a more open draw than anything else I own. Proof positive you don't have to spend a lot of money for a great pipe.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
Tough one, i have a wally frank white bar that smokes awesome, but the pipe i enjoy the most is a sav billiard that i bought from a friend, smokes perfect

macnutz

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 7, 2011
Yowsa, DrSam, that is a very strange and interesting pipe you have there.

pentangle

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 21, 2011
Genova-Italy
Impossible to say.Must to have only one .I probably have near 300 pipes and no one is bad,so many are excellent.Could say Castello but which? Dunhill or Charatan but which? If you mean a pipe connected to memories, well in this case will say a canadian Larsen.When i want to smoke Old ironsides i Choice a Castello or a Ardor maybe these are better than others :wink:

Maurizio

chopz

Can't Leave
Oct 14, 2011
the one i just made of course :)
aside from that i'd say my stanwell. i like it enough i'm sometimes tempted to get a second one of the exact same model.

rhogg

Can't Leave
Jun 14, 2011
This hard for me to answer mainly because tobacco smokes differently in different pipes. I do have some basic Savenelli Naturals that are phenomenal for the $40 each I paid for them.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Thats a beautiful pipe van!
Personally, I don't think I have a favorite smoker. I think all the ones I currently have smoke pretty well.

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
My Jan Zeman Latitude 41 North Cape. It was less than $60 brand new with shipping from New Zealand, too.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.