PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Not sure if this is beginning of a burn out. I was cleaning this MM cob after smoking and I noticed a ‘shiny’ spot at the bottom of the bowl. Thought it was the back of the round MM label that covers the hardwood plug. Nope. Plug is solid.

What is this ?

8A1154C8-85E1-4EFF-948C-748E0F3AD9EC.jpeg

crawdad

Lifer
Jul 19, 2019
Virginia
Is that dottle ? Maybe something got in tobacco or maybe a sugar crystal. Scrape it out and dump it. If its a nanobot tracking chip put it on a truck heading out of town ! :col::ROFLMAO: I saw that in a movie !

it’s not dottle. There’s a tiny dot there that’s beneath the charring at the bottom.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
the herpes of the craft world.
It's no joke. That stuff spreads fast. And you just have to be in the same home with the infected. Found a sparkle in my belly button this morning. Guess I'll be out of work for a while now. Don't want the sparkle to get worse or spread to others.

• Wow
Reactions: PipeIT

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
Not sure if you did, because I can’t see it, but don’t burn/smoke away the wooden shank at the bottom of MM Cobs.

MM explained it to me;

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I scrutinized your photo carefully. There's no question in my mind. That's the bottom of the bowl. Seriously, load that pipe and smoke it again. And again. It's a cob, what's it matter what it is. If a hole forms in the bottom, throw it away and start a new one. Otherwise, don't waste mental energy on it.

Unless there could be historical significance, possibly an estate, or sentimental reasons, gran pappies pipe, from 50 years ago... LOL ?

Otherwise, yep... ;)

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

dcicero

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 23, 2019
Michigan
Not sure if this is beginning of a burn out. I was cleaning this MM cob after smoking and I noticed a ‘shiny’ spot at the bottom of the bowl. Thought it was the back of the round MM label that covers the hardwood plug. Nope. Plug is solid.

What is this ?

View attachment 152778
I'm surprised with our company here nobody has brought up the old MM diamond legend.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy