What is the Best Cherry Tobacco You Have Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

durham270

(Bailey's Briar)
Jan 30, 2013
Kentucky
I've only smoked maybe five or six cherry aromatics and out of those I'd say that Peter Stokkebye Cherry BonBon is the best. There is some chocolate flavor in the background that gives balance and body to the smoke

drrock

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 20, 2011
Minnesota
The best cherry pipe tobacco is the one you enjoy the most.

If I were to guess, I'd guess that cherry aromatics are just behind vanilla ones in terms of numbers of blends.

Take a chance & give a few of them a try.

G&H Top Black Cherry, MacBaren 7 Seas Red, and CAO Cherry Bomb are ones I see frequently mentioned.

But if it were me looking for cherry baccys to try, I'd check out some of the small B&M blenders like Uhles, Milan Tobacconists, Peretti, pipeworksandwilke, and Boswell.

Either check their websites, or give them a call.

I'd ask them for their best selling cherry blend & order a couple ounces.

You'll find out what the best is pretty quickly.

gnatjulio

Lifer
Mar 22, 2012
New York
The only cherry blend I've tried so far is C&D Dark Cherry Cav. Liked it enough that I bought a pound. I actually smoked a bowl today that I had in a tin in my trunk since July. Been neglected since I got introduced to Va's VaPers and lat blends. It survived all the winter months and was a very nice smoke.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
I've found one that is pleasant to smoke and to be in the presence of- Altadis Z-50; my local B&M calls it "Black Cordial". Burns nice, smells good enough the wife never complains but not overwhelmingly cherry.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
If all this talk about cherry aromatics doesn't cause a spike in sales, I'd be amazed.

That was one category of blend I didn't need to try ... until now. You guys are wearing

me down. But I'm keeping it to a 2 oz bag of bulk. He said.

kidd

Lurker
Feb 20, 2013
Fredericksburg, VA
I found some locally...so yeah I bought an ounce of it to try. I didn't like it at all. I Just love my black cavendish. I will try some others. I know the cherry I bought doesnt compare to your suggestions.

rcstan

Lifer
Mar 7, 2012
Sunset Beach NC
Another vote for GH Top Black Cherry. Needs to be fairly dry.

CAO Cherry Bomb is pretty decent but it has a somewhat metallic/chemical aftertaste.

McBaren 7 Seas Red is good also, although very very mild, and the cherry taste sort of wears off halfway through the bowl.
Everything else I've tried tasted like smoking a cheap cigarette whilst sucking on a cherry coughdrop.....

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
+100 on the Black Cordial I have found it to be the only aromatic I like. Won't make me throw in the towel on the English blends but it's easy to smoke and the wife loves the smell. Life is good when the wife is happy!

headhunter

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 12, 2013
Has anyone tried Hobbit's Weed from Tewksbury & Company in Denver. It has received rave reviews on Tobaccoreviews.

briarben

Lurker
Mar 28, 2013
I love me some Hobbits Weed. great room note and in my inexperienced opinion good tobacco taste for an aromatic. Its the only aromatic I keep in regular rotation

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I would try 4noggins Catamount, Lord Metheley's, Evening Cordial, or McClelland Three Cherry Blend
Rich

4noggins.com

thebeardedone

Lurker
Apr 3, 2013
Hi Iv"e tried quite a few aramatics, specially cherry and i found the "american black cherry"

to be the best, this is sold Loose, and weighed. Very pleasant smoke. I find it good to

use to burn a new briar pipe in. As it does tend to burn hot, and quickly gets the carbon right

As i say it does burn hot, and quick.
Hope this helps,

Pete Yorkshire UK

planetscott

Lurker
Apr 7, 2013
A lot like craft beer, I consider cherry tobacco to be a gateway smoke. Those curious about smoking a pipe will get the sweeter, more aromatic blends until they discover other, better blends. Kind of like drinking Blue Moon until you discover it is made by Coors and there are far better choices available.
I've never smoked cherry tobacco, nor drink Blue Moon.

pastormanning

Lurker
Apr 27, 2013
Lord Methley's from 4noggins is the best I have tried. It is the only pipe tobacco I have ever smoked that tastes exactly like it smells and all the way to the bottom of the bowl too! Very berry-like and taste wonderful. Absolutely no bite. Not necessarily a "cherry", but much better...in my opinion.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I'll throw my hat in te Mac Baren 7 Seas Red. A nice, non-biting tart-cherry taste and a room note which pleases those around you.
-Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.