What is the Best Cherry Tobacco You Have Smoked?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

hfearly

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 11, 2012
Canada
Based on these recommendations, I picked up a Samuel Gawith - Celtic Talisman tin last week. Can't say I care for it at all. Tastes like kid's cough syrup. Yuck! Guess, cherry baccies are not for me.

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
hfearly,

I wouldn't write off all cherry blends, but that said, there are a fair number that have a similar taste profile that you describe. Some like it, I don't. It's the same with my liquor. I tried Red Stag and it was awful. If I wanted to drink Robitussin, I would.
-Jason

oklansas

Can't Leave
Apr 16, 2013
DC
A lot like craft beer, I consider cherry tobacco to be a gateway smoke ... Kind of like drinking Blue Moon until you discover it is made by Coors and there are far better choices available.
Does that make Cherry tobaccos the pho-craft beers of pipe smoking?
I never much liked cherry myself, so I've tried to stay clear. Now blackberry I can get behind - need to try some SG firedance.

plateauguy

Lifer
Mar 19, 2013
Not strictly cherry, but Dan Devil's Holiday had a very strong berry aroma and taste that was very enjoyable.
Auspipe: Did you find ghosting with the "Devil's Holiday"? I've been warned that this is a problem, and my tin has been left unopened.

oldredbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 20, 2012
Here's my blasphemous submission... I love it.

Paladin Black Cherry
I know this isn't a Cherry blend, but I found it to be among the best of the fruit flavored Aros.

Newminster No. 23 Blackberry Brandy
Lawrence, a big +1 from me on the Newminster Blackberry Brandy. A very pleasing smoke.

pitchfork

Lifer
May 25, 2012
It's been a while, but McClelland's 3 Cherry blend is pretty good. I can't tolerate the chemical taste in most aromatics, but McC 3 Cherry is pretty good in that regard. However, I found that after a few months, even in a jar, the cherry taste faded quite a bit. Smoke it fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.