PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've seen some mention of HU pipe tobacco blends. Who blends this and where? For some reason it hasn't come to my attention much before, maybe except in passing. Is this a Danish outfit? What does HU stand for?

Reactions: SherlockHolmes

ekert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 26, 2018
Here's all the info about Hans' blends:
http://bfy.tw/N6c6

bnichols23

Lifer
Mar 13, 2018
SC Piedmont
Like Tom I'd not been familiar with him. Sounds like an interesting fellow from what I read. Thanks, guys! All I need, another stellar blender! -laugh-
Bill

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
It's true. More exceptional blends out there than anyone could enjoy in three extended lifetimes. It's staggering. only jiminks smokes them all.

Reactions: B.Fee

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Hans is one of the all time great blenders, clever and creative.

Here's a link to my reviews, though I have updated many of them at TR:
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/jims-hu-tobacco-reviews

Jan 28, 2018
Sarasota, FL
I concur with several others. Genius blender whose blends are very good and somewhat unique. I've managed to accumulate around 14 lbs of HU blends. I think his strongest blends are the VaPer and Burley mixes.

rdavid

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2018
Milton, FL
HU tobaccos... Absolutely top notch. Really need to stock up on this.
Is there any chance of HU being distributed in the US?
If not, no biggie as I’ve been ordering from pfeifendepot.de and really happy with their service. Just gets expensive with shipping and VAT.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Panhandler: no chance they'll ever be sold in the USA. I wish that wasn't true.

alexnc

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 25, 2015
Southeast US
HU is really great stuff - you have to try it! I thought pfeifendepot.de went kaput, the site was down with "I retired" message for a while. Love seeing it's back

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
I've been wanting to try some HU since reading the reviews a while ago. What would be good HU blends to start with? They all sound good!

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Trubka2: give us some idea of the kinds of blends you like. That would help us guide you.

trubka2

Lifer
Feb 27, 2019
There isn't much I don't like - that's my problem. If it's got a healthy dose of nicotine, I'm usually in. :D I like most the stoved flakes I've tried, as well as unstoved VAs, VA/perique and VA/Burley blends. I like nutty (not bitter) Burleys, and I'm on a big DFK kick lately (HH Bold Kent. mostly). I really like Oriental-forward Balkan/English blends, especially if they're smooth and a touch sweet (vs. savory). I love Latakia, but not most lat bombs. I don't have anything against aros per se, just haven't explored them much. I really like Lat blends with a light sweet or sour topping, and I like Lakeland essence sometimes, as well as maple and tonquin toppings.
... Boy, that doesn't narrow it down much, does it? I guess the only things I don't really like very much *yet* are bright VAs and red VAs (too bity for me).

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
Hans may be the best blender working today. His blends are very high quality and quite inventive

I hands down agree with this. I love everything I’ve tried from Hans, he is a miracle worker.

cachimbero

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 9, 2019
Cordoba, Spain
Thank you Paul. The reason for my question is that you are directed to peifen depot when clicking on the "international sales" link on the HU page. I have been browsing the net and found 11 ! tobaccos I would like to try. They list a couple of the new Robert McConell Heritage that I want to try (Covent Garden and Regent Street). Since these last two are out of stock at Pfeifen depot, I wanted to place the order through HU.

Thank you again.

ram74

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2013
Hans may be the best blender working today. His blends are very high quality and quite inventive.
I totally agree. I recently just learned about HU Tobacco on this forum and placed a large order to try their English blends. The first one I tried is Tuarekh and I am blown away by how good it is. It literally is the best English blend I have ever smoked and it is barely reviewed or spoken of. i think there are like 4 reviews on tobacco reviews.com. I opened a second tin called Fayyum Kake, a plug and again it is the best English Latakia plug I have ever tried. Blows away Gaslight and Ten Russians in every regard. It is so rich and smooth!

JimInks is my Patron saint, his HU tobacco reviews have changed my life! What a great line of tobaccos!

Status
Not open for further replies.