What is Happening to the Friendship and Friendly Discussions?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

locopony

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 7, 2011
I think that we have avoided talking about the "taboo" subjects too long and many people can't handle it. It has affected the way we handle all conflicting ideas. As mentioned before. I think we should all learn to deal with dissagreement in a more constructive manner. I have many friends with whom I dissagree with on many subject, and we talk about the things we dissagree on. But we are friends so we know how to keep the debates on subject rather than allow them to turn into personal rancor. I can debate religion and politics with out insulting anyone. So I think I can talk about tobacco without insulting anyone.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
Cortezattic writes "I think we should have a stickie like: Why I've had it "up to here", and I'm gone for good!" :rofl:

zanthal

Lifer
Dec 3, 2011
Pleasanton, CA
I blame the Americans, us English are a very friendly lot :nana: :puffpipe:
bloody limey! you just forfeited all of your Penzance! sending the bobby's to your flat immediately :rofl:
Online communities have a tendency to draw the unexperienced in, in a sort of Alice in Wonderland-type rabbit hole way. It's unavoidable at times, I think.

docwatson

Lifer
Jul 2, 2009
New England
I guess I don't post frequently enough because I missed whatever was going on about people leaving this forum. I do know that I hadn't seen Cyndi and some others not post for a while and didn't realize that Cyndi was away with a medical issue. Hope things are better on that front Cyndi because I always enjoy reading your posts.

As others have said, I have to agree that this is a very personable and fun forum to read and take part of sharing our likes and dislikes.

As for myself, if something is related that I don't personally agree with, I just don't acknowledge or respond. Who said, "If you don't have anything good to say, just don't say it"?? LOL

Doc

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Thanks, docwatson. I'm considering making a separate post to fill everyone in but I'm feeling kinda shy lately. Not even my parents know the extent of it because they have their own stuff going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.