PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
A dram of Balvenie Doublewood
A fantastic Sherry bomb. I would imagine it pairs particularly well with Vicodin, haha.

DISCLAIMER: alaskanpiper does not condone, nor encourage the use of alcohol when taking Vicodin. Please follow all doctor recommended procedures when taking any prescription medication.

There, maybe now I won't end up like Purdue Pharma. Although the settlement in my case wouldn't be much. About all they'd have left to do is take away my birthday.

4. A repeat of Balvenie Single Barrel First Fill 12 yo

So far

1. Caol Ila 12 yo - I am amazed by this. It is so good!
  2. Balvenie Single Barrel First Fill 12 yo - This is best enjoyed neat. I generally prefer my scotches on the rocks, so this may be a hit or a miss. Today I drank it with a little chilled water so it was a hit
  3. Ardbeg Ugeadail- Fantastic!!!

Reactions: MrTom
Mar 1, 2014
I would generally agree with you regarding much of the canadian whiskey out there. A lot of it is distilled to be an easy drinking, lightly flavored spirit. Most of them use a combination of rye, wheat, and corn in various percentages. Lot 40 couldn't be further from that. It is 100% rye and packed with flavor. I'd recommend giving it a shot while it is still affordable. High West, an american brand, also makes some very good rye offerings, A Midwinter Night's Dram being the best of them, although they are pricier, that bottle sells for around $100 here and their flagship rye's are usually $60 or so. I think Lot 40 runs around $50, but in Canada it may be cheaper, IDK. I believe it won "Whiskey of the Year" from some respectable magazine or organization a few years back.

Duly noted.

I see it on a lot of shelves, it’s just so difficult to get a handle on what Canadians are worth your attention.

Reactions: MrTom
Status
Not open for further replies.