New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to limit my alcohol to one day a week and generally on Fridays. So today I can talk about drinks other than water :LOL:

48 ounces of home brewed black coffee in the morning.
Lots of water during the day
Started the evening with a shot of Woodford Reserve Distillers Select Rye. I am new to bourbon and picked this up in a hurry as it was kept in the bourbon rack. I am enjoying this Rye so far
Following this up currently with Ardbeg Uigeadail
Let’s see if I drink more later tonight. My boss has given me a lot of weekend homework- I am working.

Reactions: seldom and zion

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Being in Germany I enjoy the ability to buy a crate of beer (20X 0.5 liter bottles which is like 28 American 12oz bottles) for very cheap. Especially the ones that are about to expire which I can pick up for around 5 bucks. That said I was pleasantly surprised when my lovely German wife brought a couple of microbrews home to me tonight. Ratsherrn Pale Ale is what I'm drinking. It claims to have 5 types of hops but the one I immediately picked up on was the Cascades hops. Having lived for a long time in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S.A. this is a very familiar taste to me. Ah, enjoying the nostalgic taste of PNW ale here in Germany tonight.

Reactions: Bengel

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Tonight will be Weihenstephaner Vitus and some Port Dundas 18. And probably a few Sierra Nevada Hazy Little Things to round things out for the first night of the weekend. All after a date with the wifey-poo which I'm sure will involve some nice red wine.

Not sure if I'll smoke tonight, but If I do it will be Esoterica Dorchester in...............a pipe.

Reactions: Bengel

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Starting with some bitburger, then a little anchorage brewing brett IPA, Cosentino The Franc 2014 Cab Franc with our Moose Bourguignon dinner, then some Balvenie Peat Week, hopefully paired with Esoterica Dorchester but we’ll see.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
For your perusal
Have you tried the Old Forrester rye?
That is almost exactly how I make it. Simple syrup, ad dashes of bitters, muddle with citrus peel, then add rye and one ice cube and stir.

I have had the old forester, its decent. My favorite rye is high west’s midwinter night’s dram. I am also a fan of lot 40 rye, hudson manhattan rye, and for easier drinking options caribou crossing and (im not joking on this one) crown northern harvest. No BS its a good rye. I also like pikesville and woodford rye.

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
That is almost exactly how I make it. Simple syrup, ad dashes of bitters, muddle with citrus peel, then add rye and one ice cube and stir.

I have had the old forester, its decent. My favorite rye is high west’s midwinter night’s dram. I am also a fan of lot 40 rye, hudson manhattan rye, and for easier drinking options caribou crossing and (im not joking on this one) crown northern harvest. No BS its a good rye. I also like pikesville and woodford rye.
The Old Forrester just came in to my state store, off next week and it is on the agenda. Glad to hear you lik the old style Old Fashioned ;)
I have to see if Idaho stocks any of those, the good thing about state stores, it is all MSRP They are pretty good at stocking good Bourbon.

Status
Not open for further replies.