PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

boffosquid

Might Stick Around
Jun 27, 2019
Edmonton
A pint of my home-brew Lager along with a wee puff of Kings Frog Morton in a Lane-era Charatan Bent Billiard - Cheers all - everyone have a lovely evening!

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
@seldom, German beers are wonderful, I especially respect how they do their hoppy Pilseners and Kölsches, but no worse are the UK made ales, Ipas and stouts just now I'm enjoying Fuller's ESB 5,6% myself,
I agree. I actually believe that my home country (USA) produces some of the best beer in the world these days but the really good beers are very expensive there. That USA has world class beer would have been unthinkable to write 25 years ago. I do enjoy ales, stouts, porters, though they are a bit hard to come by in Germany. The bocks are very nice here though.
I'd add that many Belgian beers are also very nice. More based on yeast than hops but I like to mix things up.

zion

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 5, 2019
Smoked honey whiskey sour made with a double barrel bourbon. Piping Pembroke.

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
I'll probably have a Hofbrau Dunkel since I've got a few in the fridge, or perhaps see what sort of oatmeal stout they've got at my local liquor store.

Yesterday it was Buffalo Trace single barrel select, selected by the guys at my local liquor store.

Reactions: Bengel

lawdawg

Lifer
Aug 25, 2016
Yesterday after work I picked up a six pack of Samuel Smith Tadcaster Oatmeal Stout and a six pack of Firestone Walker Nitro Merlin cream stout. Had a Sam Smith's in a pint glass along with a bowl of Full Virginia Flake in a tall Savinelli. Was a great combo! Will probably try the Nitro Merlin today. Great reviews of the Nitro Merlin on Beeradvocate.

Reactions: J.Henry845

J.Henry845

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 22, 2019
Dutchess County, NY
Yesterday after work I picked up a six pack of Samuel Smith Tadcaster Oatmeal Stout and a six pack of Firestone Walker Nitro Merlin cream stout. Had a Sam Smith's in a pint glass along with a bowl of Full Virginia Flake in a tall Savinelli. Was a great combo! Will probably try the Nitro Merlin today. Great reviews of the Nitro Merlin on Beeradvocate.

Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout and Billy Budd is one of my favorite beer/tobacco pairings.

Currently having a nightcap of some Gilka Kaiser-Kümmel.

Reactions: lawdawg
Status
Not open for further replies.