PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cally454

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 31, 2012
"The John Cotton's 3-tin sampler will get you free shipping on your entire order. That's a deal, in my book."
Yes indeed
Yeah probably but it's a move to get exposure with an exclusive product that p/c may have more of a vested interest in moving than competing products which they have every right to do.
I came off a little harsh in my assessment. The buyout hit a nerve. They immediately raised prices and to my eye killed some great deals to be had, again their right. I miss some of the great stock up deals p and c Used to run. I'll take it all back when they have another 20% off sale.

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Get the pax sampler 54$ I believe get all john cottons Bengal slices and war horse all quality blends and a good deal. The 5 day thing I'm not a huge fan of the blends being offered all mostly aromatics Scott's butternut burley is good though. So really for a newer smoker looking to try stuff and different style pipes not a horrible deal. The MM patriot is a sweet pipe.

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
Well, this just in: 5 Day Pipe and Tobacco Set - $99. I guess that counts?
I guess we all want something that we cannot resist. I saw that email and until the link opened I was thinking about some nice pipes that I am going to smoke 5 days a week. A second after seeing the picture I closed the tab. I get the MM, but a clay pipe? Nah.
Get the pax sampler 54$ I believe get all john cottons Bengal slices and war horse all quality blends and a good deal.
Standard Tobacco PAX Crawl Sampler - $58.75

John Cotton's Tin Sampler + Bengal Slices + War horse - $57.77
That's not a huge difference and I am not that cheap, I guess nobody here is. But the thing is, aren't those dozens of tins (tin samplers, PAX, etc.) things supposed to be cheaper than buying them separately? I don't want to think about it, I don't want to calculate it. I just want a nice deal that I cannot resist. We all want that!
pCQz48t.jpg

twoonefive

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 6, 2014
Willow Grove, PA
pipesandpens.com
Posted by P&C on Facebook -
Good morning Everyone. Hope everyone is excited & ready for the newest rendition of Flea Market Friday. We are introducing a new format this week, to make it easier for all of you to make sure you can see all the deals.
Starting now we will add 2 deals to the page, and then every hour a new deal will be added to the list until 5PM tonight. So that means the deals will never go away throughout the day (unless its to good & sells out). Pricing will remain the same for all products throughout the day until closing time at 6PM tonight.
So enjoy the market & remember to stock up for the holiday tomorrow! We know we will be partaking in International Pipe Smoking Day - who else is?
http://www.pipesandcigars.com/FleaMarket

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
But the thing is, aren't those dozens of tins (tin samplers, PAX, etc.) things supposed to be cheaper than buying them separately?
These tobaccos have a minimum advertised price policy, so for that reason, we can't discount them any further.
Russ

blendtobac

Lifer
Oct 16, 2009
Our email goes out at 6 pm and will announce, starting today at 6, that we are doing 15% off sitewide, plus we have a limited quantity of goodie boxes with a qualifying purchase of $99 or more.
Russ

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Our email goes out at 6 pm and will announce, starting today at 6, that we are doing 15% off sitewide, plus we have a limited quantity of goodie boxes with a qualifying purchase of $99 or more.
Russ
I knew I could count on P&C to top SPC.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
Either sales or not, I appreciate Russ and the staff at P&C and have never been disappointed with my order. I have ordered from other sites as well, but overall P&C is my go-to retailer.
Happy IPSD! :puffy:

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
These tobaccos have a minimum advertised price policy, so for that reason, we can't discount them any further.
Russ, first of all thanks a lot for taking your precious time and explaining us everything. That's why we love you guys. I totally understand pricing policy as I am also working in a company which sells goods. Regarding that PAX thing, I wasn't asking for a discount, I was just asking for more attention to be paid for those kind of stuff. Anyway, thanks a lot for the good news.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
Either sales or not, I appreciate Russ and the staff at P&C and have never been disappointed with my order. I have ordered from other sites as well, but overall P&C is my go-to retailer.
Happy IPSD! :puffy:

shanelktown

Lifer
Feb 10, 2015
Hey Russ any hints on the goodie box this year? I'm sure it will be front loaded with cigars. That being the business and is fine. So I already have confirmation for a goodie box when I receive and go through it anyone interested in my cigars? PM me and I will let you know what I got. I will obviously ask for pipe tobacco in return :) I am hoping the box has more pipe related stuff this year. Not complaining because it's free all of it. Hope others get on and score a goodie box. Seriously was just an excuse for me to buy a pipe and I got the pax crawl set to so will be adding my opinions to that thread soon. The pipe I got was the savinelli 320ex 100$ with 15% off figured I take a chance on this one. Anyone here have anything from the Hercules series and is it a decent pipe?

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Yeh, I buy a lot of it. It makes a great top dressing for my flower beds. The rabbits don't care much for it, but it insulates the attic like a champ.
Now there's a man that's thinking straight.
Yeah probably but it's a move to get exposure with an exclusive product that p/c may have more of a vested interest in moving than competing products which they have every right to do.
The Standard Tobacco line is NOT exclusive to P&C.
And, sometimes I smoke it.
No need to go that far

Status
Not open for further replies.