PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 28, 2010
New Jersey
Used to play WOW then it got boring and time consuming. Now I play chase the pregnant wife, she is 6 months along so she is getting slower.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
I played hockey in high school, lacrosse in college (and for a little while after), and now that I can't find anyone to play lacrosse with in VA, I've moved on to rugby.
Texas Hold' em (live and online), Risk, and Scrabble. And Crossword puzzles.
Does jeeping count as a sport?(It's blurry, but you can just make out my corncob)

64935577.jpg

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
I love games. I don't get to play them as much as I used to, mostly due to a lack of time and competition. Back in the day, I spent a heck of a lot of time playing LAN-based computer games, mostly Marathon: Infinity and Myth, as well as playing a lot of Magic: The Gathering (collectible card game). Since the house and my first child came along, gaming has receded to the XBox or PS2 in the evenings, but now my little girl is turning into a tiny six-year-old gamer. I mean that in a good way. She likes playing co-op video games with me, but she also is really good at checkers and snakes and ladders and is learning chess and Clue. I can't wait until she gives Go a try. She's frustrated sometimes, because none of her friends are interested in games. Partly because her reading skills are quite advanced for her age, and she can sit and read and understand the rules.
Simon

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
I play games with my family on our Wii. I also enjoy a nice relaxing game of Voodoo Vince on my old Xbox. I play poker with some friends from time-to-time, but we haven't done so recently... I used to play Go, but lack of players readily available at the time and frustratingly slow internet connection made it so I stopped playing. Now I have a better computer and fast internet, maybe I'll try it again.
-Jason

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Lawrence, if the London Times cryptics are your go-to puzzle, my hat goes off to you.
I keep telling myself that someday I'll do cryptics, but only when ready for lots of facepalms and shame.

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Classic Geek I used to play Magic: The Gathering (collectible card game) also I was really into it and havethousands of cards stored away in rudder made storage containers, one day I will sell them. My favorite game is the game of GOLF.

classicgeek

Apr 8, 2010
@scratchglfr: So you substituted one obsession for another? :) As for Magic:TG, I had a good friend who lived in the apartment below me and we would play quite a bit when we were supposed to be working on our Masters. He and I went in a couple of tournaments, but we never took it seriously enough (spent enough money on rare cards) to win. When he moved away, the cards got packed up. I've still got them, and will introduce my daughter to them soon.
I've got a set of golf clubs and I've played since I was fifteen, but I don't play often enough to get any good. I bought my house backing onto a golf course and thought for sure that I would get to play lots, but what happened? The course shut down within a year and now lies fallow.
Simon

scratchglfr

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 29, 2010
Classic. I got into playing magic through other Soldiers it has a good following in the Army. I also spent a lot of money on rares, Hell I was so into it for awhile I even built a deck with all foils LOL. As for golf courses I'm surrounded by them 6 within 15 min drive in all cardinal directions, not enough dead presidents in my portfollio to live on a course YET.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Lawrence, if the London Times cryptics are your go-to puzzle, my hat goes off to you.
Hey Dudley,
No, I'm not into "cryptics" not even the London Times.

That crossword puzzle is one I created when I was in college.

I posted it in the English Department and offered a $20 reward to anyone who could solve it.

No one did.
Anyone have any possible solutions?

collindow

Jul 15, 2010
Portland, OR
Shooting games. They take me back to the days when I could just go out shooting whenever I wanted...

Also, pool, card games and football.

And arguing with other college students. Does that count?

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Pstlpkr wrote:

That crossword puzzle is one I created when I was in college.

I posted it in the English Department and offered a $20 reward to anyone who could solve it.

No one did.
Anyone have any possible solutions?
Stumped as stumped gets.
I studied it for a while last night and I'm lost as ever. I'd appreciate it if you'd message me the solution or post it here.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
"Not many lately,but my girl friend plays a lot of head games. " ANOTHER reason I remain single! LOL!!

abecox

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 8, 2010
I used to play World of Warcraft, but my ex left me and changed the password so i guess I'm not seeing that Level 70 Druid again!
But besides that I play a bunch of games on Steam, and a lot of Flight Simulators.

Status
Not open for further replies.