PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbrandybuck

Might Stick Around
Aug 17, 2010
Massachusetts
Curious to see what games you guys like to play. This includes video games, board games, and sports. What do you play?
I play World of Warcraft.

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
My PC is my work PC and it won't run much. I'm just finishing Company of Heroes. Excellent game. My favorite game of all time was Tribes.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
We play a lot of card games on the boat but... the one we play the most is Rook. This is game I have been playing for my whole life at my Grandparents house every Sunday. Me and my cousins consider ourselves masters seeing that we can be so competitive and get so made at each other over a card game lol.

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
Chase the Wife...best game in town. Beats the hell out of silly card games and everyone ends up with a smile on their face that takes 3 Undertakers to wipe off.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I like games. Most of these are games I can see from where I'm sitting, in the "Dog House" otherwise known as a man cave.

Darts, Pachinko Pinball, Poker (Seven & Five Stud, Five Card Draw, Texas Hold'em Tourneys (online and live), Cow Pasture Pool(I consistently shoot 2 to 3 under I consistently finish with 2 to 3 under the number of balls I start with), just about any board game (all the classics Monopoly, Scrabble, etc.), (exception: [I know I'm going to draw fire for this] I hate Checkers.) I also have several Chess boards but no one to play. Euchre, Cribbage, "Rook", Spades, and I like several types of solitaire. As for Computer Games: Myst, Riven, and that other sequel, LOTR The return of the King, and an old DOS based game called Grand Slam Turkey Hunt it'll piss you off in slow motion, and several PC Pinball games.

And then of course the pizza resistance (to me this is a game)... going to Buffalo Wild Wings and beating them out of a tee shirt whenever I can. Their Hot Wings Challenge is a joke. I always ask for extra Blazin' Sauce to dip them in while I take their challenge just to watch their faces. I consider it only a medium sauce.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Pstlpkr wrote:

(to me this is a game)... going to Buffalo Wild Wings and beating them out of a tee shirt whenever I can. Their Hot Wings Challenge is a joke.
I've been wanting to do that and they've built one nearby recently. If they make a big deal out of it like some places do with birthdays, I doubt I'd do it.
On to the games:
As some of you know, I'm a big fan of text adventures.
Playing chess with my son. Spades, tonk, & solitaire for cards. (I keep a picture of a game I won of clock solitaire in my wallet.) I'd like a set of Mahjong tiles for solitaire.
For video games, I like abandonware, preferably DOS with D-Fend Reloaded as a DOSBox front-end. Sometimes I play around with Apple II, Amstrad, C-64, Atari ST, and Amiga.
Home of the Underdogs
Console emulators are big fun and I have most that are 16 bit and downward, though I mainly just play NES and Sega Master System games.
Not sure if it counts, but I'm into crosswords like nobody's business.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Dudleydipstick wrote:

Not sure if it counts, but I'm into crosswords like nobody's business.
crossword.jpg

1) down: preposition

2) down: 3 across

3) across: 1&2 down
Hint: Unfortunately I don't spell well enough to do the Times Crossword in ink.

juni

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
I rarely play games, but even if it takes me months I always play through the Call of Duty series. Still haven't gotten the latest one.

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
I am terrible at cross words. I don't know how to win at them or even find the right word for it. Scrabble, however, is my forte.
I also love video games. I have to stop playing them for a bit though. Trying to do more biking!

colonelmcmuf

Might Stick Around
Sep 25, 2010
I'm an avid tabletop RPG guy. Name anything made in the last 10 years I've probably looked at it.
right now I'm running Adventure! a 1930s pulp game. having a lot of fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.