PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmb152

Can't Leave
Apr 26, 2016
In case you haven't tried it, a liqueur called Hpnotiq goes nice after smoking. I don't buy it anymore but make my own copy of it which comes close enough by pouring about 8 or 10 parts Welches passion fruit juice over about 1 part inexpensive E&J brandy. If you want to experiment further, you can try throwing a little mango, star fruit or lime juice in there as well.

Apr 29, 2017
I think tea is a no go with tobacco :), it has too much taste, it influences a lot in the taste of the tobacco in my opinion

What you can drink with tobacco all the time is a white wine like riesling, it is very mild and has very few influence in the tobacco. Another option is whisky a nice dry one or water :) I think it works best for me

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Coffee, a beer or whiskey.

But be careful of the slugs, put my whiskey by my chair outside on the porch only to find a fat slug taking a drink. He died happy!

Aug 14, 2012
My current preference is 2 oz Stoli vodka, juice of 1/2 lemon, 35 drops Al Bea herb (optional), in a tall glass with ice and seltzer.

quint

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2017
I find black coffee goes great with Amphora Full Aroma Red (Chocolate/Vanilla) and Amphora Rich Aroma Green (Hazelnut).

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Sorry for always pushing this, but Twinings Orange Bliss is a black tea with total fruitiness without heavy spice. If you like a spiced orange, Boston Tea Party, which goes in and out of stock a lot.

tozert

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 26, 2017
Cornwall
For years I've always had coffee with my daily pipe, but after reading this whole thread I'm ready to start trying some different types of tea. I'm two weeks into a decision to quit drinking alcohol of any kind so those drinks are out.

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Coffee coats my tongue, but I drink it twice a day. The rest of the time I drink herbal tea or water.

When I used to drink coffee all day, it inhibited or occluded my palate.

I try not to encourage cancer or stomach problems with alcohol.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Coffee coats my tongue,..."
I find that too hence me not enjoying my first bowl of the day so much.
However come midday, I drink Earl Grey tea (am about to experiment with other flavoured teas) with a bowl...as I am right now with some Beacon. This doesn't affect the flavour of the tobacco in any way that I can discern.
Come late afternoon when I settle down for some reading it is a glass of red wine and from 7pm to bed it's bottle conditioned ales all the way. These I find go very well with the blends I smoke and dare I say it, I believe enhance the smoking experience...but then of course it could all be in the mind :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Cancer is result of a mutation that causes a cell or cells to make a replication error.
I concur, with a few addenda:
1. The body normally catches these.

2. There are many external methods of sparking these, like the ATP error mentioned above or industrial toxins.

3. Genetic weaknesses exist which may accelerate this process.

Status
Not open for further replies.