PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
Here's where I lunt before sunrise, and when I'm seeking shade daytimes. This year, I reacted allergically to the pollen and it got pretty darned serious. I couldn't smoke my pipe enjoyably, for a couple of weeks and had all sorts of other symptoms beyond minor. Anti-histamine has restored my resistance for now. amen. 2nd pic is the backDSC01123.JPGDSC01146.JPG

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
EFF6679B-5C7E-44C2-A4FA-9F22C85C750D.jpeg

This was my scene all summer-I ran a lodge in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula from May-August. This was the view from the lodge porch, where I’d sit in a rocker, and when camp was empty, have a pipe and coffee for an hour before starting my day. If there were visitors, I’d smoke on my cabin porch...which had much the same view but no rocking chair...

Bowie

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 24, 2019
Minnesota
View attachment 23135

This was my scene all summer-I ran a lodge in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula from May-August. This was the view from the lodge porch, where I’d sit in a rocker, and when camp was empty, have a pipe and coffee for an hour before starting my day. If there were visitors, I’d smoke on my cabin porch...which had much the same view but no rocking chair...
Beautiful view. I see that and immediately start thinking about what flies would work best in that water. (When in doubt, caddis or Parachute Adams, at least in MN and western WI.)

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
Beautiful view. I see that and immediately start thinking about what flies would work best in that water. (When in doubt, caddis or Parachute Adams, at least in MN and western WI.)

In that particular lake, the only thing present was LM Bass and some monstrous green sunfish-no crawfish, not many baitfish...as a result, the bass fed heavily on flying insects and anything and everything worked! I taught a lot of college kids how to fly fish on that lake...

docpierce

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2020
My homies! This what I'm looking at, right now! She's a former shoe model I knew back in the day. I could tell some wild stories about that foot, yo.

Attachments

• 4014BACE-DFE4-48BD-932A-1FCE9BB6BC0C.jpeg
    4014BACE-DFE4-48BD-932A-1FCE9BB6BC0C.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: